You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, January 27, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Southern California Children’s Museum in Pasadena offers free admission today to celebrate their new Wild California exhibit. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] Darwin in the Garden: How Gardens Can Help Society Understand Evolution is a free talk taking place at the UCLA Mildred E. Mathias Botanical Garden, hosted by Ned Friedman, Evolutionary Biologist and Director of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University. The talk highlights the importance of botanical gardens for improving public understanding of evolution. FREE
3. [sunset.] Light Gate, a centennial public art piece created for the city of Manhattan Beach, is a large glass work with varied light effects and a keyhole view facing the ocean. On January 27 and November 14 of each year, the sunset will alight within the keyhole giving viewers an epic art experience that’s also photo-worthy. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is a variety show featuring some of the best comedians, music artists and the occasional oddity aimed to entertain.
5. [8 p.m.] Geeks Who Drink pub trivia takes place every Monday at Player One Arcade Bar in North Hollywood.
6. [8:30 p.m.] The 19th Annual 50 Hour Drive-by Theatre Festival is a three day fest (January 25-27) of new plays performed at LA’s most interesting NOHO theatre, Zombie Joe’s Underground.
7. [9 p.m.] Jazz Eclectic Night at Riviera 31 takes place every Monday at the by Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills. FREE
8. [various] Take advantage of specially priced lunch and dinner menus at one of SGV’s best dining destinations during Dine Alhambra Restaurant happening January 24-31.
9. [various] 9th Annual Pasadena Cheeseburger Week returns with over 40 restaurants and bars offering special cheeseburger items from January 26-31.
10. [various] dineL.A. returns Jan. 17-31 for two weeks of exclusive lunch and dinner menus at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to Samskara Immersive Art Experience at Wisdome LA (via Goldstar)