You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, January 27, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Checkout over 200 antique and specialty sellers during the Torrance Antique Street Faire. The fair also features an antique appraisal booth and live musical entertainment. FREE
2. [9 a.m.] Pasadena Comic Con returns to the Pasadena Convention Center for a special day of cosplay and art featuring more than 75 comic book and toy vendors along with artists, creators and celebrity guests.
3. [10 a.m.] The Lunar New Year Festival 2019 comes to Garvey Avenue in Monterey Park from January 26-27 to celebrate the year of the pig. This celebration includes food, dance, performances, art and so much more. Admission is free and open to the public.
4. [10 a.m.] Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden celebrates the Year of the Boar with a day of music, poetry, meditation and art making inspired by Japan, China and Korea.
5. [11 a.m.] The LA Art Show returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center January 23-27 for the West Coast’s most comprehensive art experience.
6. [noon] Pucker up for Sour to the People a sour beer celebration going down at Angel City Brewery in DTLA this Sunday. Sip on vintage barrel aged sours nosh at food trucks, partake in funky activities like tie-dying and Flavor Tripping. Plus check out the new beer garden opening on the same day. The event is free to attend.
7. [noon] Cats On Glass Gallery is a pop-up from January 18-27 with a purpose, presented by Fresh Step Clean Paws. The “gallery” will feature a cat-lebrity Walk of Fame, a larger-than-life cat display, a yarn pom-pom room, a “me-owm” meditation room, and adoptable cats from spcaLA on view from a glass playhouse. Gallery hours are noon to 8 p.m. Located at 1147 Hope Street. FREE
8. [noon] Iron Triangle is hosting a family friendly 3rd anniversary party with arcade games (free play!) root beer for kiddos and more. Parents can bring out their inner kid too, with games like ballon juggling, cookie on face, cup stacking competitions. Free to attend.
9. [noon] Beautycon is offering a pop up experience titled Beautycon POP happening Friday through Sunday featuring immersive galleries, makeup brands, vendors, a salon and other beauty related activities. Use the code POP2FOR35 to purchase two tickets for $35.
10. [sunset] Light Gate, a centennial public art piece created for the city of Manhattan Beach, is a large glass work with varied light effects and a keyhole view facing the ocean. On January 27 and November 14 of each year, the sunset will alight within the keyhole giving viewers an epic art experience that’s also photo-worthy. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $10 tix to Ragin Cajun Crawfish Jamboree in Redondo Beach
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar