You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, January 26, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Lunar New Year Festival 2019 comes to Garvey Avenue in Monterey Park from January 26 to 27 to celebrate the year of the pig. This celebration includes food, dance, performances, art and so much more. Admission is free and open to the public.
2. [10 a.m.] There’s an Art Therapy & Self-Care event hosted by Los Angeles State Historic Park this Saturday. Guests will partake in some therapeutic art making and a guided meditation. All supplies will be provided. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] The California Wine Festival comes to Santa Anita Park to invite guests to experience wines from across the Golden State while celebrating the exciting past time of horse racing.
4. [10 a.m.] There’s a TASCHEN book sale at Crossroads of the World in Hollywood where Angelenos can score up to 75% off display books.
5. [11 a.m.] The LA Art Show returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center January 23-27 for the West Coast’s most comprehensive art experience.
6. [11 a.m.] The Rendon Gallery presents BLEND a two day pop-up show (January 25-26) featuring L.A. artist Kelcey Fisher, a.k.a KFiSH in collaboration with other artists. FREE
7. [noon] Cats On Glass Gallery is a pop-up from January 18-27 with a purpose, presented by Fresh Step Clean Paws. The “gallery” will feature a cat-lebrity Walk of Fame, a larger-than-life cat display, a yarn pom-pom room, a “me-owm” meditation room, and adoptable cats from spcaLA on view from a glass playhouse. Gallery hours are noon to 8 p.m. Located at 1147 Hope Street. FREE
8. [noon] Beautycon is offering a pop up experience titled Beautycon POP happening Friday through Sunday featuring immersive galleries, makeup brands, vendors, a salon and other beauty related activities. Use the code POP2FOR35 to purchase two tickets for $35.
9. [5 p.m.] Uncorked: LA Wine Festival returns to the iconic Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles for an evening of wine tasting from over 200 wine and champagne labels from around the globe.
10. [8 p.m.] Head to The Redwood Bar in DTLA for (500) Days of Summer karaoke night from 8 p.m. to midnight. Redwood Bar is the original spot where the movie was filmed! Free to attend.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $10 tix to Ragin Cajun Crawfish Jamboree in Redondo Beach
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar