You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10:30 a.m.] It’s Free Chili Day again at Philippe The Original. The French Dip institution will be serving up some delicious chili from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to the first 500 people. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] LA Craft Runners are hosting a meetup and 3-mile run starting from Eagle Rock Brewery.
3. [7 p.m.] Down some tacos, drink some brews and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
4. [7 p.m.] Los Angeles Magazine’s 7th Annual Best New Restaurants Celebration returns for a celebration that honors the city’s most appetizing openings.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Let’s Go Crazy: The GRAMMY Salute to Prince comes to the Los Angeles Convention Center with performances by Beck, Common, Gary Clark Jr., Earth, Wind & Fire, Foo Fighters, H.E.R., Juanes, Alicia Keys, John Legend, and more.
6. [11 p.m.] Heavy Heavy Low Low Comedy brings late-night laughs, tacos, and free gifts to Bar Lubitsch on Tuesday. FREE
7. [various] Universal Studios Hollywood Celebrates Lunar New Year from January 23 to February 9 with cultural performances, special food offerings, Mr. Ping’s Noodle Shop from Kung Fu Panda, a Mandarin-speaking MEGATRON, Hello Kitty and Minions adorned in Lunar New Year Attire and much more.
8. [various] Take advantage of specially priced lunch and dinner menus at one of SGV’s best dining destinations during Dine Alhambra Restaurant happening January 24-31.
9. [various] 9th Annual Pasadena Cheeseburger Week returns with over 40 restaurants and bars offering special cheeseburger items from January 26-31.
10. [various] dineL.A. returns Jan. 17-31 for two weeks of exclusive lunch and dinner menus at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to Samskara Immersive Art Experience at Wisdome LA (via Goldstar)