You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, January 6, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The Retro City Festival comes to the Fairplex on January 5 – 6 for California’s largest display of retro games. Over 70 exhibitors will be on hand to help you add to your gaming collection.
2. [9 a.m.] Bricks LA at Pasadena Convention Center (Jan. 5-6) will include over 19,000 square feet of custom made models, a play area for kids of all ages (adults included) and vendors selling new, used and vintage LEGO sets.
3. [9:30 a.m.] LA’s adorable cat cafe Crumbs & Whiskers will host yoga this Sunday. Please bring your own mat and water for this one hour session.
4. [10 a.m.] There’s a Punk Rock Walk at the Rosebowl 3-Mile Loop this Sunday. It’s free to attend and dressing up goth, punk or whatever you feel like is encouraged. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Celebrate the Year of the Boar at the Japanese American National Museum in Los Angeles during the Oshogatsu Family Festival a day of art, food, dance and more.
7. [3 p.m.] Spend the first Sunday of 2019 challenging your fitness during the New Year’s Race. Starting in Grand Park, the race features a 5K and a 10K race with a pre- and post-race festival. Highlights include vendor and sponsor booths, music, live art, food trucks and a beer & wine garden.
8. [6:30 p.m.] Weirdo Night with Dynasty Handbag at Zebulon Cafe.
9. [8 p.m.] Friendship Buddies a free stand-up comedy show taking place at the Verdugo Bar back patio features some of the best comics in Los Angeles and beyond. Show starts at 8 p.m. FREE
10. [various] 8th Annual Pasadena Cheeseburger Week returns with over 40 restaurants and bars offering special cheeseburger items from January 6-11.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $18 tix to the upcoming LA Art Show 2019 (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar