You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, January 6, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [2 p.m.] Monday Matinees: Patty Jenkins’ Monster in 35mm at The New Beverly Cinema.
2. [3 p.m.] The annual LA Kings Holiday Ice happening at L.A. LIVE’s Microsoft Square is a daily outdoors holiday skating rink. Open November 30, 2019 through January 12, 2020.
3. [7 p.m.] Head to The Standard for Not Your Standard Bingo, hosted by Maebe A. Girl and Indica Sativa from 7-10 p.m.
4. [7 p.m.] The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Monday Night Fiction Workshop at Beyond Baroque (Venice)
6. [8 p.m.] For the first time ever (mostly)musicals comes to Rockwell: Table & Stage with a new version of the their themed cabaret for the new year: 2020 VISION.
7. [8 p.m.] Stop by Coaxial in DTLA for an evening of experimental instrumental music performed by Martín Escalante & Sam Weinberg, Dylan Fujoika & Patrick Shiroishi / Ace Farren Ford & Andy Seven.
8. [9 p.m.] Geeks Who Drink pub trivia at The York.
9. [9 p.m.] Motown on Mondays at The Short Stop in Echo Park featuring C-Minus & Phatrick. FREE
10. [various] Santa Monica Restaurant Week returns January 6-12 with over 35 restaurants creating a unique dish with one unifying star ingredient, the kumquat. Scroll down to our Food Pick of the Week for highlights and suggestions.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $10 tix to headliner shows at The Comedy Store (via Goldstar)