You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, January 8, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] The Institute of Culinary Education Los Angeles will open to the public for the first time to give guests a complimentary culinary education centered on the “Taste of Korea.” Guests will learn from culinary experts from around the globe—including Michelle Choi, President of the NY Korean Culinary Association. Participants will learn to make “banchans,” tofu specialties and sauces called “Jangs,” as well as traditional tea service and Korean confectionery. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] Meet folks from around the world at the Language Exchange Party! at Social Lingo in Santa Monica.
3. [7 p.m.] Down some tacos, drink some locally brewed beers and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
4. [7 p.m.] There’s a Golden Girls Trivia Night happening at Hamburger Mary’s in West Hollywood this Tuesday.
5. [8 p.m.] Joe Rogan and Friends at the Hollywood Improv.
6. [8 p.m.] The Annual David Bowie Birthday Party at The Hi Hat this year will include live music, face art and plenty of drinks.
7. [8 p.m.] Watch Doctor Who with your fellow Whovians this Tuesday night at Fox & Hounds. They’ll be showing the Eleventh Doctor episode “Cold War” on every TV as well as two big projectors inside and outside the bar. Drink special password is “TARDIS” and gets you $4 draft beer and $1 off wine and well drinks.
8. [various] Free museum day: Los Angeles County Museum of Art (also free for L.A. County residents with valid I.D. after 3:00pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays all month long) and Autry National Center of the American West
9. [various] 8th Annual Pasadena Cheeseburger Week returns with over 40 restaurants and bars offering special cheeseburger items from January 6-11.
10. [various] Santa Monica Restaurant Week returns January 7 to 13 with over 30 of the area’s best restaurants creating a unique dish with one unifying star ingredient, the persimmon.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $18 tix to the upcoming LA Art Show 2019 (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar