You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, January 9, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [2 p.m.] The folks behind the Museum of Failure presents The Disgusting Food Museum (Dec. 9, 2018 through Feb. 17, 2019.) Some of the ‘delicacies’ include maggot infested cheese, bull testicles, and sheep eyeballs. If you’re brave enough, visitors will also get to smell and taste some of the creations at the end of the exhibit over at a tasting bar. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [4 p.m.] Burrito Project L.A. is looking for volunteers to help make burritos and distribute them to the hungry this Wednesday.
3. [7 p.m.] The Garvey Ranch Observatory will host an evening of astronomy with members of the Los Angeles Astronomical Society. Guest will have a chance to go into the dome to view the stars, enjoy a star party on the lawn, and learn how to build their own telescope. The observatory is open to the public on Wednesday nights only. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Every Wednesday The Continental Club in DTLA features live jazz hosted by Matthew Yeakley plus complimentary mini cupcakes from Big Man Bakes. No cover!
5. [7:30 p.m.] Hollywood Heritage and the Hollywood Foreign Press Association presents “Swanson on Sunset”an evening centered around the legendary star that will include clips of a forth coming documentary, a Q&A with the director, Jeffrey Schwarz and other special guests.
6. [8 p.m.] See comedians recreate Pulp Fiction live onstage while drunk at Black Rabbit Rose in Hollywood.
7. [9 p.m.] Dub Club with DJ Tom Chasteen and Boss Harmony at Echoplex. Free before 10 p.m.
8. [10:30 p.m.] Outside Dog Gets One Star at UCB Sunset.
9. [various] 8th Annual Pasadena Cheeseburger Week returns with over 40 restaurants and bars offering special cheeseburger items from January 6-11.
10. [various] Santa Monica Restaurant Week returns January 7 to 13 with over 30 of the area’s best restaurants creating a unique dish with one unifying star ingredient, the persimmon.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $18 tix to the upcoming LA Art Show 2019 (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar