You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, October 10, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] Classic Horror Tuesday Matinees at LACMA will screen Dracula in Spanish this Tuesday.
2. [6 p.m.] Free Big Band Concert at the L.A. Law Library. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] OUT at the Black Cat to celebrate National Coming Out Day. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Golden Girls Trivia Night at Hamburger Mary’s in WeHo.
5. [7 p.m.] Mr. C Beverly Hills is extending their popular Poolside Cinema series into fall. Every Tuesday evening, from October 10 to November 21, you can visit the gorgeous yacht-inspired pool deck at the Italian-inspired hotel, where you’ll ensconce yourself in a lounge chair for a film and casual-yet-elevated food under the stars. The series kicks off this week with Jurassic Park.
6. [8 p.m.] The month of October is still a warm one so the iconic Hollywood Roosevelt hotel will throw Angelenos an “Endless Summer” Movie + Swim series every Tuesday night. Catch throwback films as you lounge by the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool and enjoy a curated menu of food and drink offerings unique to each movie, this week it’s Heathers. All you need to do is rsvp to get in.
7. [8 p.m] There’s a Stranger Things Musical Tribute happening this Tuesday at the El Cid. Revisit your favorite moments through the eyes of musical comedy, complete with a dozen original songs inspired by the sounds of 1983 from The Police to the Eurythmics. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] The folks at Rooftop Cinema Club are back with two screenings at their rooftop locations. Labyrinth at LEVEL in Downtown Los Angeles and Raiders of the Lost Ark at Montalban in Hollywood.
9. [various] Pacific Standard Time LA/LA is in full swing with a four-month-long exploration of Latin American and Latino art in relation to the City of Angels. Led by The Getty the high profile event is a collaborative effort with dozens of art institutions across the city. Check out our top highlights here.
10. [various] Free museum days: Los Angeles County Museum of Art and Autry Museum of the American West
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix for a Comedy Store Headliner Show (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.