You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, October 10, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] 260LA will host a Rent the Runway sample sale up to 90% off retail price from October 9-14 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [noon] Check out Slavery, The Prison Industrial Complex at Art + Practice exhibition space. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Every Wednesday The Continental Club in DTLA features live jazz hosted by Matthew Yeakley plus complimentary mini cupcakes from Big Man Bakes. No cover!
4. [7 p.m.] The Garvey Ranch Observatory will host an evening of astronomy with members of the Los Angeles Astronomical Society. Guest will have a chance to go into the dome to view the stars, enjoy a star party on the lawn, and learn how to build their own telescope. The observatory is open to the public on Wednesday nights only. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Skirball will host a series of discussions on the intersection of gender and L.A.’s restaurant culture. Moderated by food historian Lara Rabinovitch, the first installment will include Lien Ta of Koreatown’s Here’s Looking at You. The talk also includes samples of Lien’s food.
6. [8 p.m.] Scripts Gone Wild performs Poltergeist at Catch On on Pico.
7. [8 p.m.] Pub Quiz with Kurt at The Fox and Hounds.
8. [9 p.m.] DubClub at Echoplex, with free entry before 10 p.m. and $10 thereafter.
9. [various] Two Bit Circus a new “Micro Amusement Park,” inside a 50,000-square-foot warehouse in the Arts District hosts a wide range of gaming activities including VR experiences, classic arcade games, and Story Rooms.
10. [various] L.A.’s pop-up museum catalogue is growing larger this fall with The Pizza Experience – a multi-sensory pizza themed walkthrough. Explore giant installations, an oversized cheese pool, a pizza hall of fame, pizza theme-flavored snacks throughout, actual pizza slices and more. The Pizza Experience runs through January 29. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: Santa Anita Park’s first ever Bacon Bash offers live horse racing action unique bacon-inspired bites, and craft beer samplings, all on Sunday, October 14. We Like L.A. readers can save $10 on tickets by using the special promo code BACON18 when purchasing tickets.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.