You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, October 11, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Head to this year’s IndieCade to check out independent video games from around the world. Guests will be able to preview and play games, join in on forums and workshops. The signature event will”Night Gaming”, featuring gameplay underneath the night sky. Happening Oct. 11-13.
2. [11 a.m.] 260LA will host a Rent the Runway sample sale up to 90% off retail price from October 9-14 in their Beverly Hills location.
3. [5 p.m.] Beauty² will bring together 40 curated brands in the mindful beauty industry for two days of shopping, complimentary glam appointments, cryogenic facials and much more. Admission is free.
4. [7 p.m.] Enjoy 15 brews, art from 28 local artists, food trucks, live music and more during the Art & Beer Night Market at Iron Triangle Brewing Company in DTLA.
5. [6:30 p.m.] Nights of the Jack is a half mile trail filled with thousands of hand-carved and illuminated Jack O’Lanterns. Family friendly and located in Calabasas, the experience is filled with pumpkins carved into notable animated characters, movie stars, sports heroes, and many more. Happening Thursday through Sunday.
6. [7 p.m.] The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor will transform into a seaport of the damned for the Halloween season with terrifying mazes and monsters at every turn. Happening Thursdays and through Sundays through Nov. 2. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7 p.m.] The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills partners with Words on Dance to present, Words on Dance an evening celebrating Jerome Robbins and West Side Story as part of PaleyLive Fall 2018 season. The program will feature clips from West Side Story plus rare TV interviews, behind the scenes home movies and dance footage.
8. [various] Critically acclaimed, avant-garde haunt Creep returns with ‘Awake.’ The walkthrough thrusts participants through a 75-minute series of horrific situations in a shockingly cinematic fashion. As a result, you are placed face-to-face with your worst fears, presenting an incredibly unique and intimate horror experience. Happening at ROW DTLA Thursday through Sunday.
9. [various] Recent Spanish Cinema is a 4-day film series promoting Spanish films from Spain in the US. Several films will make their Los Angeles debut during the series. Running October 11-14 at the Egyptian Theatre.
10. [various] The Second City will host the Los Angeles Diversity in Comedy Festival from October 11-14 celebrating performers of diverse backgrounds across race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity through performances, panels, and workshops.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Santa Anita Park’s first ever Bacon Bash offers live horse racing action unique bacon-inspired bites, and craft beer samplings, all on Sunday, October 14. We Like L.A. readers can save $10 on tickets by using the special promo code BACON18 when purchasing tickets.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.