You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, October 16, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] There’s a Great Pumpkin Hunt happening at the South Coast Botanic Garden from October 1 through November 30 everyday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Highlights include an imaginative scavenger hunt, light hiking, a pumpkin shop and access to the gorgeous 87-acre grounds. Great for families. Halloween costumes are welcome.
2. [10 a.m.] Boo at the L.A. Zoo returns for a spooktacular season. Highlights include a “Nocturnal Adventure” maze, “Animals and Boo” creepy crawler encounters, pumpkin-carving demos and other family-oriented fun.
3. [5 p.m.]
Grab dinner On the Lot in Los Feliz where an array of gourmet food trucks are ready to serve you. Taking place at Our Mother of Good Counsel from 5 to 8:30 p.m. UDATE: On The Lot will not run today due to another event. Sorry for the confusion!
4. [7 p.m.] Jam Session: Drum Circle at the Ford Theatres. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Depeche Mode at the Hollywood Bowl.
6. [8 p.m.] Head to Alcove in Los Feliz for a free movie screening of 90’s supernatural horror flick, The Craft. Order themed out cocktails from Big Bar and bites from Alcove as you watch a movie on their 17-ft screen.
7. [8 p.m.] Reggie Watts at Zebulon.
8. [8:30 p.m] Get some laughs in when The Business LA returns for their weekly comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
9. [8:30 p.m.] If You Build It LA at the UCB Sunset.
10. [various] Cuba on the Cusp Symposium at El Camino College in Torrance. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix for Quiet Clubbing Halloween Night at the Valley Relics Museum (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.