You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, October 15, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] There’s a Great Pumpkin Hunt happening at the South Coast Botanic Garden from October 1 through November 30 everyday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Highlights include an imaginative scavenger hunt, light hiking, a pumpkin shop and access to the gorgeous 87-acre grounds. Great for families. Halloween costumes are welcome.
2. [10 a.m.] The Japanese Garden Festival returns to Descanso Gardens on October 14-15 for a celebration that includes tours, music, displays, crafting, and more.
3. [10 a.m.] The 44th annual L.A. Korean Festival on October 12-15 will provide a showcase of Korean culture through food, performances, music, and exhibitions. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] The 27th annual Sherman Oaks Street Fair returns to the San Fernando Valley for one of the largest-single day events in L.A.!!! Chord Overstreet of Glee fame will headline the music stage and 150 vendors, a carnival, car show, pet expo, rides, food trucks and more will round out the event. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] LA Weekly’s Brunch at the Races returns for another year of endless signature bites from over 30 of L.A.’s most popular brunch spots. Taking place at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, expect over 30 restaurants, live music, cocktail samples and access to the first horse racing of the season. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [11 a.m] Downtown LA Oyster Fest returns to Grand Central Market on October 14-15 for a delicious celebration of LA’s favorite oceanic appetizer. The culinary event will gather oyster farmers from across the country in one place for a day of tastings, workshops and delicous creations like oyster “Po Boy” pizza; fried curry oysters and more.
7. [noon] October is National Domestic Violence Awareness month and the good folks over at YesICAN will host a Bowling with Stormtroopers event at Winnetka Bowl in the San Fernando Valley. Come out and donate to the cause. $20 gets you two games, shoes, lunch and a chance to hangout with your favorite Star Wars characters, curtesy of the SoCal Garrison of the 501st Stormtrooper Legion.
8. [noon] More than 40 artists will open up their studios for a massive art walk during Santa Fe Art Colony Open Studios on October 14-15. Meet with artists, see them work in their natural habitat and even buy directly from their studios. FREE
9. [6 p.m.] Throughout the month of October, Westbound will host double-feature screenings of cult classic Halloween flicks on their back patio every Sunday night as well as on Friday the 13th and Halloween. Screenings begin at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. This Sunday they’ll host screenings of The Addams Family and Beetlejuice.
10. [7 p.m.] This Sunday, The San Fernando will pay tribute to the late Tom Petty with a night of cover songs by local musicians.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $19.50 tix for a Dia del los Muertos Music Program at Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.