You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, October 16, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Brits in LA Weekly Breakfast Club at Cecconi’s West Hollywood.
2. [5 p.m.] Pumpkin Nights at Fairplex feature over 3,000 carved pumpkins across eight pumpkin-themed lands accompanied with special pumpkin fire and magic shows, carvings, and plenty more. Happening October 12 through November 4.
3. [6 p.m.] Step into the future at The Rose Room, during The Art of Tech an artistic gathering of VR experiences, live music, projection mapping, immersive art, and much more. To top it off, tacos and cocktails by The Venice Ale House will be available to enjoy during a quick break from the fun.
4. [7 p.m,] Contemporary designer and typographer Jessica Hische has a new children’s book, ‘Tomorrow I’ll Be Brave.’ She’ll stop by The Last Bookstore for a talk an to sign copies of her book.
5. [7 p.m.] Head to Frogtown’s artist-run space Tin Flats every Monday and Tuesday now until Nov. 27 for a free drive-in movie screening curated with some very special programming. Presented by FLAX (France Los Angeles Exchange), this project presents films, performances and exhibitions from artists in the program, as well as a film that echoes their own work. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] Dance Films On The Lawn curated by L.A. Dance Shorts Film Fest will take place at the California Heritage Museum this Tuesday. FREE
7. [various] Stop by the Alexandria Hotel in DTLA and walk into The Wolves, Los Angeles’ most interesting cocktail bar to date. The ever-changing menu has a whole host of ingredients made in-house including bitters and vermouths.
8. [various] Take a break from your dietary restrictions at Cheat Day Land, Los Angeles’ newest pop-up museum celebrating the snacks and treats that we dream of during our workouts. Featured installations and experiences ranging from a donut gym with pastry dumbbells to a life-size cereal bowl, an art gallery, and much more. Cheat Day Land is here for an entire month, from October 1-31. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] L.A.’s pop-up museum catalogue is growing larger this fall with The Pizza Experience – a multi-sensory pizza themed walkthrough. Explore giant installations, an oversized cheese pool, a pizza hall of fame, pizza theme-flavored snacks throughout, actual pizza slices and more. The Pizza Experience runs through January 29. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Los Angeles’ favorite pampering bi-annual event Spa Week is back, with some of the best relaxation and self-care deals to be found from top spas for just $50.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Use the promo code WINGS18 to save $10 on online tickets to this Saturday’s Hot Wings & Craft Beer Fest at Santa Anita Park, featuring an assortment of creative wing samples, plenty of cold brews, and racing action.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.