You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, October 19, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Enjoy a bit of spooky family fun at Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch, located 10100 Jefferson Blvd in Culver City. The pumpkin patch is open daily at 9 a.m. through Oct. 30. There is also a related“Boo-tique” pop-up at Platform LA, also in Culver City at 8850 Washington Blvd. The pop-up opens at 11 a.m. Wednesday-Friday and 10 a.m. on Saturday-Sunday.
2. [6 p.m.] Tegan and Sara perform an acoustic set at Amoeba Hollywood.
3. [7 p.m] Opening night preview party for the WestEdge Design Fair at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica.
4. [7 p.m.] Multi-sensory, walk-through experience Creep LA returns to the Music Box in DTLA October 5 through November 12. Inspired by the Amazon Prime Exclusive Series Lore the experience is fully engaging, multi-sensory and super-scary, featuring some of pop culture’s most legendary horror myths. Happening Thursdays through Sundays.
5. [7 p.m.] There’s going to be a ‘Vampire Walk’ to honor Tom Petty this Wednesday in Sherman Oaks.
6. [7 p.m.] The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor will transform into a seaport of the damned for the Halloween season with terrifying mazes and monsters at every turn like the Iron Master and Graceful Gale. This year they’ll reveal their newest member of the crew, his name is Chef and he’s got a carnivorous kitchen staff with a big appetite. Happening Thursday and through the weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7 p.m.] The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride returns to The Old Zoo in Griffith Park from September 29 to October 31. This years theme is “Clown” and features four different freaky zones, a slew of demonic clowns, a corn maze and more. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
8. [7:30] Wicked Lit is a spooky immersive theatre experience taking horror literature and turning them into plays at the Mountain View Mausoleum & Cemetery. It happens every Thursday through Sunday from September 28 through November 9. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8 p.m.] Metro Art Presents Jeff Park at Union Station. FREE
10. [various] Free museum days: Japanese American National Museum (all day), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball, Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and Pasadena Museum of California Art (from 5 to 8 p.m.)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $39.50 tix to see George Lopez at Microsoft Theater (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.