You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, October 2, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] Oktoberfest takes over The Standard in DTLA with German inspired happy hours, a specialty menu and daily beer selections. Available at 24/7 Restaurant, the Fire Pit, and Lobby Lounge.
2. [6 p.m.] Get some adult crafting in and learn to make your very own “good intentions” Voodoo Dolls, hosted by Krimsey’s Cajun Kitchen in North Hollywood.
3. [7 p.m.] Down some tacos, drink some locally brewed beers and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
4. [7 p.m.] Head to Frogtown’s artist-run space Tin Flats every Monday and Tuesday now until Nov. 27 for a free drive-in movie screening curated with some very special programming. Presented by The French Los Angeles Exchange, this project presents films, performances and exhibitions from artists in the program, as well as a film that echoes their own work. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] A massive light installation will cover the Walt Disney Concert Hall as part of the LA Philharmonic’s centennial kickoff celebration. The installation projects images from the past and possibly the future of the concert hall, titled ‘WDCH Dreams.‘ Free to view starting at 7:30 p.m., and running from September 28 through October 6.
6. [8 p.m.] Doctor Who Happy Hour at The Fox and Hounds.
7. [various] Take a break from your dietary restrictions at Cheat Day Land, Los Angeles’ newest pop-up museum celebrating the snacks and treats that we dream of during our workouts. Featured installations and experiences ranging from a donut gym with pastry dumbbells to a life-size cereal bowl, an art gallery, and much more. Cheat Day Land is here for an entire month, from October 1-31. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] L.A.’s pop-up museum catalogue is growing larger this fall with The Pizza Experience – a multi-sensory pizza themed walkthrough. Explore giant installations, an oversized cheese pool, a pizza hall of fame, pizza theme-flavored snacks throughout, actual pizza slices and more. The Pizza Experience runs through January 29. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Beyond Fest, Los Angeles’ strangest, scariest, and largest genre film festival returns Sep. 26 to Oct. 9 with another year of bold programming. Sharing a newfound partnership with Hulu and Shudder, 2018’s program boasts an absolutely massive lineup – the festival’s biggest yet – of fan-favorites, nightmares, and oddities, along with bold premieres.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Use promo code PROST18 to save $10 tickets for Oktoberfest at Santa Anita Park, including horse racing, live music, and a traditional beer hall, all taking place September 29-30 and October 6-7. (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.