You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, October 26, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Enjoy a celebration of handmade crafts and the artisans behind them at the Contemporary Crafts Market, a three day event (Oct 26-28) happening at the Pasadena Convention Center.
2. [2 p.m.] Merchants on Olvera Street celebrate Dia de los Muertos for nine days straight. The festival will include altars on display, children’s workshops, face painting, and live entertainment. FREE
3. [3 p.m.] The Barker Hangar will transform into an art wonderland on Oct. 25-28 when The Other Art Fair returns to Los Angeles. The event, which is put on by online art gallery Saatchi Art will allow guests to peruse through the works of over 100 handpicked emerging artists that are part of the Los Angeles landscape. On top of the art, a bar and restaurant area, live music, theatrical performances, art installations and more are all on the bill.
4. [5 p.m.] Movie Under The Guns is a movie night aboard the Battleship Iowa in San Pedro. This Friday they screen Hocus Pocus. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] Los Angeles County Museum of Art hosts free jazz performances on Fridays through November. Concerts take place at the main entrance. FREE
6. [6 p.m.] The Triforium is a huge public art piece with colorful glass panels located in Fletcher-Bowron Square. It was meant to perform light and music shows but due to a plethora of issues, it was never executed, and it has stood silent for decades… until now. Experience The Triforium restored and modernized to react to real time live performances on Fridays through November 2. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Lethal Amounts presents Devil’s Playground Pt. 2: Art of the Vintage Horror Poster exhibit. Featuring hand-drawn vintage Horror, Giallo and B-movie genres posters, the exhibit will feature hundreds of pieces, including rare posters from around the world. Taking place right next door in conjunction to the exhibit is The Cramps Halloween Party at Monty Bar.
8. [8 p.m.] DEEP Los Angeles and BENDER present “City Lights” a Halloween edition of their night time party mixing yoga with a dance party from 1000 feet above DTLA at OUE Skyspace LA.
9. [9 p.m.] New Wave For The Masses: Halloween Edition takes over The Resident for a night of dancing to your favorite wave bands like The Cure, Depeche Mode, New Order, The Smiths and more.
10. [various] The 4th Annual Asian World Film Festival will screen Oscar-submitted films from across Asia from October 24 to November 1 at Arclight Cinemas in Culver City.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $37.50 tix for The Nightmare Before Christmas live with Danny Elfman at The Hollywood Bowl
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.