You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, October 27, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] California Market Center in Downtown Los Angeles’ Garment District, will open its doors to the public for a big sample sale this Friday. Score fantastic bargains on current styles for women, men and kids. Keep in mind that most showrooms accept cash only, and that you’ll want to bring your own bags.
2. [11 a.m.] Kick off Día de los Muertos at FIGat7th in DTLA with free tequila tastings, music and face painting this Friday. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Eat|See|Hear returns with Front Porch Cinema, a free movie night below the stars every Friday on Santa Monica Pier from September 29 through October 27. The fall film series will also feature music, drinks, and bites before each screening. This week they’ll conclude with a screening of “Rogue Elements” presented by REI. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Visit Paramount Ranch in Agoura Hills when it’s transformed into Scare-amount Ranch, a free family-friendly evening combining nature with film history. FREE
5. [6:30 p.m.] LA Critical Mass: America’s Largest Community Bike Ride – This year’s ride starts ride at Wilshire Blvd and Western Ave, Los Angeles, California at 6:30 p.m. Costumes encouraged!
6. [7 p.m.] The Redondo Beach Pier Association and King Harbor Association invite guests to a free Halloween 80s Dance Party hosted by Richard Blade. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] The Sivley family is back for their 46th year of hosting the award winning, Beware the Dark Realm a haunted house experience in the city of Santa Clarita. Haunt kicks off this Satruday and will run every Friday and Saturday thorough the month. FREE
8. [8:30 p.m.] We Like L.A. is hosting a Halloween Party at the Museum of Broken Relationships.
9. [various] Old Pasadena Day of the Dead Weekend starts this Friday. The event features three days of music, activities, and a self-guided Tour of Altars, featuring both traditional and contemporary Day of the Dead altars (Oct. 27-29)
10. [various Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Arts and Crafts movement during the 26th Annual Craftsman Weekend, taking place in Pasadena on October 26-29.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.