You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] Rooftop bar Filifera in Hollywood will host a special Halloween inspired drink menu from 5 to 10 p.m. and music by DJ Josh Catz. Spooky cocktails include Witches Brew (red sangria with muddled blood orange) and Dracula’s Negroni (blood orange infused gin, vermouth, campari, aperol).
2. [6 p.m.] Hollywood Halloween PubCrawl returns for a Spook-tacular night of hitting up half a dozen bars and taking advantage of all their drink specials.
3. [6 p.m.] West Hollywood’s famous Halloween Carnaval is a free outdoors party that stretches a mile-long on Santa Monica Boulevard. A great stop to people watch, costume gawk and more, local businesses (especially bars) will host activities and special offerings throughout the night. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre in North Hollywood presents their annual Halloween iteration of Urban Death. Guests will wind through a short maze before entering a darkened theater where series of disturbing vignettes will be presented one after another. Happening on Halloween, Friday and Saturday.
5. [7 p.m.] The 19th Annual Reign of Terror is one of the largest haunted houses in Southern California, containing a total of eight unique themes spread among 105 separate rooms in over 23,000 square foot space. Happening this Tuesday and Wednesday.
6. [7 p.m.] Head to the Los Angeles Theatre for a special Willy Wonka movie screening and costume ball this Halloween. The 1971 classic will be screened and thanks to the folks at Cinespia the venue will be turned into a full-on fantasy wonderland featuring a DJ dance party, custom photo booth, full bars on every level, and a few promised surprises. Costumes are required for entry so dress up.
7. [7 p.m.] The Haunted Hayride returns September 29-October 31 at The Old Zoo in Griffith Park featuring four different Scare Zones, including trick or treating in a blood-curdling neighborhood and riding on the Scary-Go-Round and taking a ride on the main attraction the Haunted Hayride. Happening all week until Halloween.
8. [8 p.m.] Golden Road’s Halloween Bash is a free event with a haunted house, psychic readings, live music by Teenage Werewolves, food and specialty GRB brews. FREE
9. [various] Consider Silver Lake’s Thai bar Same Same for Halloween dinner. The eatery will treat all guests in costume on Wednesday to a complimentary order of Peek Gai Tod, aka Thai style fried chicken wings.
10. [various] Looking for more fun ways to spend your Halloween? Find ideas on our list of 31 Spooky / Creepy / Fun Things to Do for Halloween in L.A. (2018)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $22 tix to Wine Tasting + Chamber Music at Disney Concert Hall
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.