You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, October 5, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Boo at the L.A. Zoo returns for a spooktacular season this year with a new “Nocturnal Adventure” maze and favorites like the Zoo’s “Animals and Boo” creepy crawler encounters, a puppet show, pumpkin-carving demos, special animal feedings and other family-oriented fun.
2. [11 a.m.] Berlin celebrates their 50th anniversary as a sister city to Los Angeles this Oct 4-5 with the launch of ‘Berlin Lab’, a two day event held at LOT 613 featuring Berlin’s emerging tech, art, music, and food scenes in the heart of Los Angeles. Programming includes cultural panels and workshops, a design symposium dedicated to the Bauhaus movement, dance performances, live concerts and Europe´s largest interdisciplinary technology festival from Berlin, Tech Open Air to name a few.
3. [6 p.m.] The city of San Gabriel is putting their own spin on Oktoberfest by throwing a Dumplings & Beer Festival in the Historic Mission District this Thursday featuring a wide variety of dumpling vendors, craft beer tastings, live entertainment, a “Best Dumpling” competition as well as a Dumpling Eating Contest.
4. [7 p.m.] Multi-sensory, walk-through experience Creep LA returns to the Music Box in DTLA Oct. 5 through Nov. 12. Inspired by the Amazon Prime Exclusive Series Lore the experience is fully engaging, multi-sensory and super-scary, featuring some of pop culture’s most legendary horror myths, including vampires, changelings, werewolves, séances and possessed dolls. Happening Thursday through Sunday.
5. [7 p.m] There’s a Full Moon Hike at Franklin Canyon Ranch in Beverly Hills. The moderate hike takes 2.5 hours total and covers a total of 2.8 miles.
6. [7 p.m.] The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor will transform into a seaport of the damned this Halloween season with terrifying mazes and monsters at every turn like the Iron Master and Graceful Gale. This year they’ll reveal their newest member of the crew, his name is Chef and he’s got a carnivorous kitchen staff with a big appetite. Happening Thursday and through the weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7 p.m.] Time to get in the Halloween spirit. The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride returns to The Old Zoo in Griffith Park from September 29 to October 31. This years theme is “Clown” and features four different freaky zones, a slew of demonic clowns, a corn maze and more. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [7 p.m.] Halloween Horror Nights taking place at Universal Studios Hollywood will immerse guests in a three-dimensional world of terror featuring a new slate of mazes, scare zones and a newly designed “Terror Tram” experience. Themes include American Horror Story, The Shining, SAW, Insidious and more.
9. [various] Free museum days: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
10. [various] Celebrate the art of the music video during the 7th Annual Los Angeles Music Video Festival, taking place over seven nights from October 1-7 at various L.A. locations.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix for Clean Food Fest + Clean Made Market (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.