You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, October 4, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Boo at the L.A. Zoo returns for a spooktacular season this year with a new “Nocturnal Adventure” maze and favorites like the Zoo’s “Animals and Boo” creepy crawler encounters, a puppet show, pumpkin-carving demos, special animal feedings and other family-oriented fun.
2. [4 p.m.] Berlin celebrates their 50th anniversary as a sister city to Los Angeles this Oct 4-5 with the launch of ‘Berlin Lab’, a two day event held at LOT 613 featuring Berlin’s emerging tech, art, music, and food scenes in the heart of Los Angeles.
3. [6 p.m.] Sip over 150 different scotches, bourbons and whiskies during Whisky Live USA happening at The L.A. Hotel Downtown. The night will also feature whisky cocktails, live entertainment and a full dinner buffet.
4. [6:10 p.m.] Griffith Observatory offers a Sunset Walk & Talk one evening a month. At this free event, guests will enjoy a sunset hike led by a Griffith Park park ranger and a museum guide. FREE
5. [7 p.m] Sound Off Silent Disco nights head to the Sherman Oaks Galleria for a free wireless-headphone dance party featuring two live DJs playing three hours of your favorite, danceable songs. There will also be free food samples from Galleria vendors during the party. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Horse Thief BBQ, located at Grand Central Market, will screen Top Gun on their patio this Wednesday. FREE
7. [8:30 p.m.] Online radio station NTS continues its Wednesday night residency at the Ace Hotel rooftop bar. FREE
8. [9 p.m.] Dub Club presents Michael Prophet & Roland Burrell at Echoplex.
9. [various] Beyond Fest returns from Sept. 29 through Oct. 10 with 12 days of special screenings from around the globe at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood.
10. [various] Celebrate the art of the music video during the 7th Annual Los Angeles Music Video Festival, taking place over seven nights from October 1-7 at various L.A. locations.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to L.A. Clippers home games (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.