You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, October 6, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The 32nd Annual California Avocado Festival returns to Carpinteria October 5-7. This free event features live entertainment, the world’s largest vat of guacamole, avocado dishes for sale, avocado agricultural photos, historical photos, lessons in avocado grafting, FFA restored antique tractors, and the Largest Avocado Contest.
2. [10 a.m.] 5th Annual Olvera Street Muertos Artwalk will host over 30 artist from across the greater Los Angeles community. Along with art shown, guests will be able to enjoy musical, theatrical and performance entertainment on a live stage. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] Head to Seoul International Park from October 4-7 to experience the 45th year of the LA Korean Festival. Savor Korean street food, enjoy live performances, art exhibitions, and shop from local vendors and businesses. Acts performing this year include KSHMR and Dean. The festival is free to attend. Concerts are ticketed.
4. [11 a.m.] Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month at Sabor De Mexico Lindo Downtown Festival (Oct 5-7). Honoring the state of Jalisco, Mexico this year, the event will feature a massive lineup of entertainment and offerings, including over 140 commercial and sponsor booths, a plethora of food around the world, a health fair, petting zoo, as well as live entertainment across three stages. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Clean Made Pop Up takes over One Colorado in Old Pasadena with over 30 wellness, sustainable and mindful exhibitors. Free yoga, demos, workshops and plenty more will also be available on this day. Admission is free.
6. [noon] Adult Swim is bringing its own festival to Row DTLA, including a lineup of artists and activities over the course of three days.
7. [noon] Enjoy a eclectic collection of artists, performances, food, drink, kids activities and more during the Culver City Art Walk and Roll Festival. FREE
8. [2 p.m.] Take part in this year’s L.A. Beer Fest, a celebration featuring over 200 beers to enjoy, live music, DJ sets, food trucks, and plenty more.
9. [3 p.m.] Enjoy great seafood, live music, an oyster shucking competition, and more on Santa Monica Pier at the 4th Annual OFF THE HOOK Seafood Festival.
10. [7 p.m.] The Los Angeles Video Project is a specially curated program by New Filmmakers L.A. taking place at the historic Sunset Las Palmas Studios, featuring 26 short films, food, an awards ceremony and more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Use promo code PROST18 to save $10 tickets for Oktoberfest at Santa Anita Park, including horse racing, live music, and a traditional beer hall, all taking place September 29-30 and October 6-7.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.