You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, November 10, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
SPECIAL REMINDER: The Woolsey Fire has thus far burned thousands of acres and forced many to evacuate their homes. We just want to be sure you’re aware of the current evacuation zones and the scope of the fire. For more info, check this list of links per L.A. County. If you’re interested in assisting victims or providing relief, LAist has an excellent list of options here. Stay safe everyone!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Pasadena Arts & Craft Show (Nov. 9 – 11) at The Hilton Pasadena is an artisan market place offering a wide variety of handcrafted goods from over 200 exhibitors including interesting food, rare wines and other edible gifts.
2. [10 a.m.] American Indian Arts Marketplace at The Autry Museum (November 10-11) will highlight over 200 Native American artists, live musical performances and plays, food, children’s activities, and much more. [NOTE: The Griffith Brush brush fire near the L.A. Zoo has been successfully contained. This event at The Autry will go on as scheduled]
3. [11 a.m.] On Deck Festival at Lincoln Park is a free, all-day festival for music, art, and skating with live performances and DJ sets, work from local artists, and a skateboard contest. FREE
4. [11:45 a.m.] Head down to Boomtown Brewery for Fitbit HIIT and Flow, a free monthly workout led by a Los Angeles fitness expert. The event will begin with a dedicated physical sweat session, and will be followed by yoga and meditation. Having a Fitbit is not required to attend. FREE
5. [noon The 100% Festival brings a two-day celebration of creatives and local makers to the Otis College of Art and Design this Saturday and Sunday. The event will feature creative workshops, special speakers, a makers market, music, interactive installations, food trucks and more. Free to attend! FREEe
6. [noon] The 11th annual Inglewood Open Studios ( Nov. 10-11) highlight the professional artist studios and art galleries that constitute the burgeoning Inglewood art community. The weekend kicks off with a reception held at Residency Gallery at 5 p.m. on Friday. FREE
7. [noon] The Gonzoplex Block Party will celebrate the opening of Superba Snacks + Coffee with a block party featuring a beer garden, pizza eating contest, and children’s activities. FREE
8. [3 p.m.] Cloak and Dagger, put on by Spaceland and Restless Nites, offers a minimal synth, dark wave, post punk dance party. This iteration’s lineup includes HEALTH, Black Mare, Death Bells, Body of Light, TR/ST, The Faint, She Wants Revenge, Drab Majesty, CHRISTIAN DEATH OFFICIAL, Boy Harsher, Tamaryn, BOAN, and SRSQ.
9. [7 p.m.] Art at The Rendon (Nov. 9 -11) is an immersive operatic event that completely reinvents the interior of the Rendon Hotel through film projections, actors and a speakeasy from the 1920’s with a wealth of different beers and concoctions from local breweries and distilleries. Live performances from acts like The Vignes Rooftop Revival and more will take place throughout the weekend.
10. [various] Craftsman Weekend returns to the city of Pasadena November 9-11 with walking and bus tours of historic neighborhoods, buildings, a market place and more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.