You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, November 13, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
SPECIAL REMINDER: The Woolsey Fire continues to affect tens of thousands of Angelenos. We just want to be sure you’re aware of the current evacuation zones and repopulation timelines for the greater Los Angeles Area. For more info, check this list of links per L.A. County. If you’re interested in assisting victims or providing relief to those in need, LAist has an excellent list of options here. Stay safe everyone!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host a 3.1 Phillip Lim sample sale from Nov. 13-18 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [10 a.m.] Take a look into renowned architect Sou Fujimoto’s work at the Japan House’s new exhibit “Futures of the Future.” The showcase will explore the award winning ideas and themes used throughout Fujimoto’s career. Over 100 live scale replicas will be present. The exhibit will run from Oct. 27 – Dec. 12. FREE
3. [6:30 p.m.] DTLA’s Micro-Amusement Park Two Bit Circus will release PING! a Modal VR’s virtual reality game where you are inserted into the 3D world of Pong, as the paddles in the game. To celebrate this launch Two Bit Circus will host a Pong tournament this Tuesday starting at 6:30 p.m.
4. [7 p.m.] Head to Frogtown’s artist-run space Tin Flats every Monday and Tuesday now until Nov. 27 for a night of curated special programming. Presented by The France Los Angeles Exchange, this project presents films, performances and exhibitions from artists in the program, as well as a film that echoes their own work. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club screens The Sixth Sense at NeueHouse in Hollywood
6. [8 p.m.] LA Phil’s Green Umbrella series continues with a special concert focusing on the European Avant-Garde.
7. [various] We all need a little kindness after the rough weekend we’ve all had with the fires. So on World Kindness Day—Tuesday, November 13, 2018—Wescom will be picking up the tab at 23 locations of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® up to $15 per transaction until $1,900 worth of bills are paid at each location.
9. [various] Milk Bar turns 10! To celebrate a decade of magical sweets creations, Chef Christina Tosi will offer an anniversary special from Nov. 13-30 at the recently opened West Hollywood flagship. The special is a Fruity Cereal Milk Soft Serve, an homage to the OG Milk Bar menu that debuted in New York 10 years ago. Milk Bar LA will kick things off this Tuesday Nov. 13 serving Fruity Cereal Milk Soft Serve and Cereal Milk Soft Serve for just $1.
10. [various] The annual AFI FEST (Nov. 8-15) returns to Hollywood for 2018 with an eight-day run featuring tons of film screenings, world premieres, and panels.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar