You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, November 15, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host a 3.1 Phillip Lim sample sale from Nov. 13-18 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [5 p.m.] On Thursday the Rodeo Drive Holiday Lighting Celebration will take place along the streets of Beverly Hill ushering in BOLD Holidays, a weekly event featuring after hours shopping, art pop-ups, and live performances every Friday and Saturday until Dec. 22.
3. [5:30 p.m.] Chinese Lantern Festival (November 15-18) is a huge showcase of over 1,000 handcrafted lanterns put up together to create a beautiful display of color and light at the Pomona Fairplex. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7 p.m.] Learn to craft beer cocktails for the up coming holidays during Beer Lab at Dry River Brewing. You’ll leave with tips and tricks to make delicious micheladas, mimosas and an exclusive new holiday cocktail designed just for this event.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Head down to the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts for an immersive theatre experience titled The Bitter Game. Written and performed by Keith A. Wallace the play touches on themes of race and police brutality in America and is put on in an unconventional setting on The Wallis’ Promenade Terrace. After the show, a discussion will be held on the nature and themes of the story and its base in reality.
6. [8 p.m.] Michelle Obama comes to The Forum in Inglewood to discuss her memoir, Becoming.
7. [9 p.m.] Every first and third Thursday of the month Brennan’s in Marina Del Rey hosts their famous turtle races. Since 1974, this tradition brings these little speedsters out of their sanctuary (located in the bar) for an exciting game that support charities. Race starts at 9 p.m.
8. [various] Free museum days: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
9. [various] The Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from Nov. 15, 2018 to Jan. 21, 2019 featuring a 7200 square foot outdoor ice-skating experience.
10. [various] The annual AFI FEST (Nov. 8-15) returns to Hollywood for 2018 with an eight-day run featuring tons of film screenings, world premieres, and panels.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar