You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, November 16, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11:30 a.m.] Get ready for another season of ice-skating in Downtown Los Angeles when the Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from November 16 through January 15, 2018.
2. [5 p.m.] Beverly Hills is hosting a holiday lighting ceremony on Rodeo Drive. FREE
3. [6 p.m.-ish] Thursday is game Night at Grand Central Market. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Looking for a little inspiration to create social change? Check out The Provocateurs: A Master Series at the California African American Museum. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Stop by the Skirball Center for a conversation with artist Ken Gonzales-Day & multiple muralists as they discuss the the history of murals in L.A.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Kickoff the start of the holiday season with The Americana at Brand Christmas. FREE
7. [7:30 p.m.] Head to Laemmle’s NoHo 7 to catch a throwback Thursday screening of The Long Goodbye (1973) with Elliot Gould as detective Phillip Marlowe.
8. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball, the Pasadena Museum of California Art (5 to 8 p.m.), and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
9. [various] Discover Los Angeles technology and innovation, participate in a hiring fair & hear from inspiring speakers at Techweek LA, Nov. 13-17.
10. [various] The annual AFI FEST returns to Hollywood November 9-16 for an eight-day run featuring over 100 films, including three world premieres and four additional highly anticipated films.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $4.75 admission to the StARTup Art Fair in Venice (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.