You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, November 16, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] WILDFOX is having a warehouse sale this weekend (Nov. 16-18) at the Cooper Building with up to 75% off selected items.
2. [10 a.m.] Party With is Los Angeles’ new Instagram-ready experience. Opening it’s doors on Friday Nov. 16 in Westfield Santa Anita Mall, folks can expect 15 premium photogenic installations like an infinity rainbow and a room filled with sparkling disco balls.
3. [5 p.m.] Fans of toys and artistic design will find something to love at this year’s DesignerCon, taking place from Nov. 16 – 18 at the Anaheim Convention Center. The event sees a wide array of collectible designer apparel, customs, toys, and more for participants to explore and shop. Note that Friday is for VIP pass holders only.
4. [5:30 p.m.] Chinese Lantern Festival (November 15-18) is a huge showcase of over 1,000 handcrafted lanterns put up together to create a beautiful display of color and light at the Pomona Fairplex. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 16, 2018 through January 6, 2019 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Whiskey Extravaganza will have you sampling over 100 of the world’s best whiskies straight up or in craft cocktails along with whisky inspired bites. For those really serious about whiskey there will be curated masterclasses to sit in on too.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Head down to the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts for an immersive theatre experience titled The Bitter Game. Written and performed by Keith A. Wallace the play touches on themes of race and police brutality in America and is put on in an unconventional setting on The Wallis’ Promenade Terrace. After the show, a discussion will be held on the nature and themes of the story and its base in reality.
8. [8 p.m.] Bestselling author David Sedaris will be reading unpublished newly written work at Royce Hall this Friday.
9. [various] The Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from Nov. 15, 2018 to Jan. 21, 2019 featuring a 7200 square foot outdoor ice-skating experience.
10. [various] Beautycon is offering a pop up experience titled Beautycon POP from Nov. 16 through Dec. 16 featuring immersive galleries, makeup brands, vendors, a salon and other beauty related activities.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar