You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, November 17, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] California Market Center, in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles’ Garment District, opens to the pubic for a big sample sale this Friday (just in time for holiday shopping!).
2. [10 a.m.] The Malibu ArtWalk Festival returns for the 46th year in a row to Cross Creek. Taking place November 17-19 this annual community festival will feature local artists from the region displaying their art and guiding guests through their artistic processes.
3. [11:30 a.m.] Get ready for another season of ice-skating in Downtown Los Angeles when the Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from November 16 through January 15, 2018.
4. [4 p.m.] Check out free music this Friday at Union station as Metro Art Presents: Phil Ranelin Jazz Ensemble. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [6:30 p.m.] Tree lighting ceremony at the Paseo Colorado in Old Pasadena. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Head to Grand Central Market for Fridays with dublab. Stroll the many food stalls and order up something tasty to nosh on while a killer soundtrack of DJ-spun tunes to play from 7 to 10 p.m. This is a free event (but not the food obviously!)
8. [7:30 p.m.] Getty Villa Theater Lab Presents Aeschylus’s ‘The Suppliant Women’, to show at select times from Nov. 17-19.
9. [midnight] There’s going to be a midnight screening of Pulp Fiction at the New Beverly Theatre this Friday night.
10. [various] Discover Los Angeles technology and innovation, participate in a hiring fair & hear from inspiring speakers at Techweek LA, Nov. 13-17.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $4.75 admission to the StARTup Art Fair in Venice (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.