Wouldn’t it be great if someone put together a rundown of all the best free and cheap things to do this weekend in Los Angeles? Well here it is.
This weekend’s budget to-dos includes the Malibu ArtWalk Festival, the Great Los Angeles Walk, an East LA Christmas Parade, and more!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [FREE] Check out free music this Friday at Union station as Metro Art Presents: Phil Ranelin Jazz Ensemble. FRIDAY
2. [FREE] Head to Grand Central Market for Fridays with dublab. Stroll the many food stalls and order up something tasty to nosh on while a killer soundtrack of DJ-spun tunes to play from 7 to 10 p.m. This is a free event (but not the food obviously!) FRIDAY
3. [FREE] The Malibu ArtWalk Festival returns for the 46th year in a row to Cross Creek. Taking place November 17-19 this annual community festival will feature local artists from the region displaying their art and guiding guests through their artistic processes. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
4. [FREE] Jackalope Indie Artisan Fair returns to Pasadena November 18-19. Check out over 200 handmade makers ranging in products from home décor, food and houseware, to fashion accessories and body products. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] Trek the streets of Los Angeles from downtown L.A. to the Westside during the 12th Annual Great Los Angeles Walk. Join other Angelenos on this free tour and see the sights and walk the streets of our city. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Kickstart the holiday season at the Greek Theatre Holiday Celebration. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] The East Los Angeles Christmas Parade & Festival comes to Whittier Blvd for an afternoon-long celebration with Christmas flair. Check out the amazing floats, marching bands, equestrian units, and loads more. SUNDAY
8. [FREE] Get ready to dance all day long and celebrate the art of mariachi when the 27th Annual Mariachi Festival returns to Boyle Heights at historic Mariachi Plaza Station. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] See the Wende Museum’s new Culver City campus for free during their community open house this Sunday. The museum focuses on the history of the Cold War and currently have a new exhibit titled Cold War Spaces. SUNDAYz
10. [FREE] Comedy at The Friend is a weekly free show in Silverlake. This Sunday the lineup includes Rhea Butcher and Jak Knight. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted tickets* before making your purchase. FRIDAY-SUNDAY (*via Goldstar)
- Downtown Burbank is hosting the 2nd Annual Winter Wine Walk & Street Fair. SATURDAY
- The 32nd Annual Elves’ Faire returns to the Pasadena Waldorf School in Altadena for an afternoon of shopping, crafting, dining, and playing medieval-style contests and games. SATURDAY
- The BBQ & Beer Festival takes over Pearl’s BBQ in the Arts District for a day of music, barbecue and beer. Enjoy a plate of brisket, ribs, and chicken with ice-cold beers. SATURDAY
- Enchanted: Forest of Light returns to Descanso Gardens this Sunday offering guests a colorful one-mile path walk through 10 distinct light displays at unique points within Descanso Garden including the Oak Grove and the Japanese Garden. Be sure to grab discount tickets* while supplies are still available! SUNDAY (*via Goldstar)
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.