You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, November 19, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The Pasadena Doo Dah Parade returns to celebrate 40 years of irreverent frolicking on the streets of Pasadena. The parade begins in East Pasadena along Colorado Boulevard, the original Route 66.
2. [9:30 a.m.] Get ready to dance all day long and celebrate the art of mariachi when the 27th Annual Mariachi Festival returns to Boyle Heights at historic Mariachi Plaza Station. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] Jackalope Indie Artisan Fair returns to Pasadena November 18-19. Check out over 200 handmade makers ranging in products from home décor, food and houseware, to fashion accessories and body products. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] The Malibu ArtWalk Festival returns for the 46th year in a row to Cross Creek. Taking place November 17-19 this annual community festival will feature local artists from the region displaying their art and guiding guests through their artistic processes.
5. [11 a.m.] The Hammer hosts a Family Flicks series this Sunday with a screening of 1995 film Babe. FREE
6. [noon] See the Wende Museum’s new Culver City campus for free during their community open house this Sunday. The museum focuses on the history of the Cold War and currently have a new exhibit titled Cold War Spaces. FREE
7. [noon] The East Los Angeles Christmas Parade & Festival comes to Whittier Blvd for an afternoon-long celebration with Christmas flair. Check out the amazing floats, marching bands, equestrian units, and loads more.
8. [5 p.m.] Enchanted: Forest of Light returns to Descanso Gardens this Sunday offering guests a colorful one-mile path walk through 10 distinct light displays at unique points within Descanso Garden including the Oak Grove and the Japanese Garden. Be sure to grab discount tickets while supplies are still available! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [7:15 p.m.] Comedy at The Friend is a weekly free show in Silver Lake. This Sunday the lineup includes Rhea Butcher and Jak Knight. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $24 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.