You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, November 20, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260 Sample Sale LA returns with a Elie Tahari sample sale at their Beverly Hills store November 15-21. Shop up to 70% off women’s apparel and accessories.
2. [10 a.m.] Happy Place opens today! This 20,000 square-foot installation features 13 distinct rooms all designed to evoke childlike reactions of glee, excitement, and awe. Works include a giant birthday cake, the world’s largest confetti dome, and a massive ‘pot of gold’ you can actually jump into. Open through January 7. Advance tickets are required.
3. [11:30 a.m.] Get ready for another season of ice-skating in Downtown Los Angeles when the Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from November 16 through January 15, 2018.
4. [5 p.m.] Enchanted: Forest of Light returns to Descanso Gardens this Sunday offering guests a colorful one-mile path walk through 10 distinct light displays at unique points within Descanso Garden including the Oak Grove and the Japanese Garden. Be sure to grab discount tickets while supplies are still available! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [6 p.m.] Edendale Branch Library will host a Q&A with Guerrilla Tacos founder and chef Wes Avila. The event coincides with the release of Avila’s new recipe book (co-written with Parks) simply titled, Guerrilla Tacos.
6. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7:30 p.m.] Join Boomtown Brewery for Monday Movie Nights, a new monthly movie screening with it’s very own theme. This month its car chases and they’ll be screening Baby Driver in their private event space set up with comfy couches, craft beers, popcorn and an option to order from Purgatory Pizza. FREE
8. [7:30 p.m.] Every first and third Monday of the month That’s Gold! a free comedy show hosted by Karl Hess and Nick Rutherford takes over the Bootleg Theater in Westlake. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Grab some of your most intelligent friends and head to Alex’s Bar in Long Beach for Brain Trivia. Bonus they’ll be hosting happy hour specials all night long.
10. [various] Head to Figat7th in DTLA to check out Monumental Words an art installation on view November 20, 2017 through February 17, 2018. The glowing display of three massive word sculptures will have you experience the power of words through art. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $14 tix to CHILL at the Queen Mary (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.