Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, November 20 to Friday, November 24, features an immerisve pop-up experience called Happy Place, Enchanted Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens, Turkey Trot Los Angeles, Game of Thrones Burlesque and MUCH more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday November 20th, 2017
1. Enchanted: Forest of Light returns to Descanso Gardens this Sunday offering guests a colorful one-mile path walk through 10 distinct light displays at unique points within Descanso Garden including the Oak Grove and the Japanese Garden. Happening throughout the week. Be sure to grab discount tickets while supplies are still available! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. Happy Place brings a bright and immersive pop-up experience to the Arts District starting today. Capture perfect Instagram moments and enjoy sweet treats as you journey through one-of-a-kind installations designed to make you smile. Runs on select dates through January 7, 2018.
3. Get ready for another season of ice-skating in Downtown Los Angeles when the Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from November 16 through January 15, 2018.
4. Join Boomtown Brewery for Monday Movie Nights, a new monthly movie screening with it’s very own theme. This month its car chases and they’ll be screening Baby Driver in their private event space set up with comfy couches, craft beers, popcorn and an option to order from Purgatory Pizza. FREE
5. Edendale Branch Library will host a Q&A with Guerrilla Tacos founder and chef Wes Avila. The event coincides with the release of Avila’s new recipe book (co-written with Parks) simply titled, Guerrilla Tacos.
6. One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. Head to Figat7th in DTLA to check out Monumental Words an art installation on view November 20, 2017 through February 17, 2018. The glowing display of three massive word sculptures will have you experience the power of words through art. FREE
8. Get into the winter spirit when ICE at Santa Monica returns with a 8,000 square foot ice skating rink. Running November 1, 2017 through January 5, 2018.
9. Every first and third Monday of the month That’s Gold! a free comedy show hosted by Karl Hess and Nick Rutherford takes over the Bootleg Theater in Westlake. FREE
10. 260 Sample Sale LA returns with a Elie Tahari sample sale at their Beverly Hills store November 15-21. Shop up to 70% off women’s apparel and accessories.
11. Grab some of your most intelligent friends and head to Alex’s Bar in Long Beach for Brain Trivia. Bonus they’ll be hosting happy hour specials all night long.
Tuesday November 21st, 2017
12. Get ready for another night of riveting storytelling, absurd one-liners and one-of-a-kind jokes when The Moth returns to Los Angeles.
13. There’s a Great Pumpkin Hunt happening at the South Coast Botanic Garden from October 1 through November 30 everyday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Highlights include an imaginative scavenger hunt, light hiking, a pumpkin shop and access to the gorgeous 87-acre grounds.
14. Tune up that DeLorean, and head to the Rockwell Table & Stage for Rack To The Future: A Burlesque Parody.
15. Mr. C Beverly Hills closes out their popular Poolside Cinema series this Tuesday with a screening of The Breakfast Club.
16. Down some tacos, drink some locally brewed beers and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
Wednesday November 22nd, 2017
18. Spamilton a parody that celebrates and roasts the Broadway musical will make its West Coast premiere at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Culver City. Happening all weekend. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
19. There’s a “Pre Thanksgiving Pop Off” happening at The Reserve. It’s called Black Out Wednesday so good luck remembering it tomorrow!
20. Something Rotten! a hilarious new musical comedy tells the story of brothers playwrights overshadowed by the great Will Shakespeare. Follow them as they try to steal the spotlight and end up unexpectedly end up writing the world’s very first musical. The show runs November 21 through December 30. Be sure to grab discount tickets while supplies are still available! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
21. Horse Thief BBQ, located at Grand Central Market, will screen Christmas Vacation on their patio this Wednesday. FREE
Thursday November 23rd, 2017
22. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
24. CorePower Yoga will be holding donation-based classes at all 1o of their L.A. studios on Thanksgiving day. Proceeds from the donation based lass will go to a local charity chosen by each studio.
25. There’s a Long Beach Turkey Trot hosting a 5k and 10k run and walk on Thanksgiving morning.
Friday November 24th, 2017
26. California Market Center, in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles’ Garment District, opens to the public for a big sample sale this Friday (just in time for holiday shopping!)
27. Asian AF Los Angeles celebrates their one year anniversary show this Friday at Upright Citizens Brigade Sunset. Stand-up by Peter Kim, screening of Cartoon Network’s We Bare Bears, improv by Voltron: The UCB Superteam and more are on the bill.
28. Winter is coming and The Dirty Little Secrets will bring the heat to Harvelle’s in Long Beach with a steamy Game of Thrones Burlesque show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. The LA Phil presents West Side Story at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. Listen to the score performed live while the re-mastered film plays on screen. Happening Friday and Sunday.
30. The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running now through December 23 and then again from December 26 to December 30.
31. The Groundlings’ Cookin’ With Gas is L.A.’s longest-running improv show bringing various improv troupes together for a night of laughs based on audience suggestions. Happening Friday and Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
32. LACMA’s award winning Department of Music Program provides hundreds of free concerts and musical events every year for Angelenos to enjoy. This Friday their jazz series will come to a close with Kim Richmond. FREE
33. Spend a Night at the Aquarium of the Pacific and explore the aquarium after hours. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.