You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, November 24, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Downtown Pomona Collectors St. Faire will pack the streets with three blocks of antique vendors in a fun festival environment. Admission is free.
2. [10 a.m.] Support local business at the 2nd annual Arroyo Seco Marketplace. The event takes place at The Audubon Center at Debs Park and will feature a wide variety of artist and vendors from Los Angeles. Activities include screen printing, wreath making, succulent and cactus potting, and more. Admission is free.
3. [10 a.m.] Vintage Blue Moon presents a Vintage Holiday Boutique at the Santa Monica Bay Woman’s Club. Shop from some of the best vintage vendors and artisans, the sales go to benefit the organization STOP, India, dedicated to rescuing and rehabilitating girls and women who have been trafficked.
4. [11 a.m.] Winterfest at Santa Anita Park kicks off the holiday season in style. This family friendly event includes a visit from Santa Claus, horse drawn carriage rides a Santa’s Village and petting zoo, carolers, seasonal foods, 80+ vendors and much more. Winterfest continues Thursdays through Sunday from November 23 through December 2. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [11 a.m.] This November is Adopt a Senior Pet Month and the Wallis Annenberg PetSpace is partnering with the County of Los Angeles Department of Animal Care and Control to host an adoption party for senior dogs and other pets on Saturday. Annenberg PetSpace will be waiving adoption fees until further notice to help make room for the incoming animals who have been relocated to the facility because of theWoolsey fire. This event is free to attend.
6. [2 p.m.] It’s the last Mar Vista Art Walk of the year. Check out over 70 artists and vendors from the area, local food trucks a beer garden at King Eddy’s Saloon, a block party, winter wonderland for kids and more. Admission is free.
7. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted: Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 18 through January 6, 2019. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [6 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes. Free to the public, the 13-minute show runs nightly 6 to 10 p.m. from November 23 through January 1, 2018. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] The LA Phil brings iconic Stanley Kubrick film clips to life through haunting live scores from November 23-25 at the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
10. [various] To celebrate Small Business Saturday ROW DTLA’s community of more than 50 small businesses will be offering guests discounts at select stores.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar