You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, November 25, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] LA Tofurky Trot Fun Run and Vegan Food Fest will have you take part in a seasonal 5k fun run through Crystal Springs Recreation Area in Griffith Park, followed by a huge Vegan Food Fest.
2. [10 a.m.] Art Fair in the Garden will convert the grounds of The Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden into a walking gallery showcasing local artists from mediums in photography, sculptures, paintings and ceramics.
3. [10 a.m.] . Hello Critter Goat Yoga offers an hour-long session taught by a certified yoga instructor highlighted by Nigerian dwarf goats that roam the class and interact with attendees.
4. [11 a.m.] Winterfest at Santa Anita Park kicks off the holiday season in style. This family friendly event includes a visit from Santa Claus, horse drawn carriage rides a Santa’s Village and petting zoo, carolers, seasonal foods, 80+ vendors and much more. Winterfest continues Thursdays through Sunday from November 23 through December 2. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [2 p.m.] The Museum of the San Fernando Valley presents a North Hollywood Walking Tour where guests can learn about the areas past. Highlighted points of interest include the Amelia Earhart Statue and library, St. Paul’s First Lutheran Church, So. Pacific Railroad Depot, the NoHo Arts District, and much more.
6. [4 p.m.] Head to Heritage with Heart a holiday party at The Langham Huntington in Pasadena. This family friendly event will include a tree lighting, festive activities and a visit from Santa. A portion of proceeds will benefit Elizabeth House.
7. [5 p.m.] Celebrate the Holiday Season with 2018’s Hollywood Christmas Parade, featuring musical performances, life-size balloons, marching band shows and much more.
8. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted: Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 18 through January 6, 2019. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [6 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes. Free to the public, the 13-minute show runs nightly 6 to 10 p.m. from November 23 through January 1, 2018. FREE
10. [8 p.m.] The LA Phil brings iconic Stanley Kubrick film clips to life through haunting live scores from November 23-25 at the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar