You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, November 8, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Take a look into renowned architect Sou Fujimoto’s work at the Japan House’s new exhibit “Futures of the Future.” The showcase will explore the award winning ideas and themes used throughout Fujimoto’s career. Over 100 live scale replicas will be present. The exhibit will run from Oct. 27 – Dec. 12. FREE
2. [5:30 p.m.] WRDSMTH’s will reveal first Los Angeles 3D art installation“Where You Found Joy” at The Bloc this Thursday. To celebrate the debut, a festive party will be thrown with a meet and greet with WRDSMTH, customizable holiday ornaments, a build your own cookie station, food, sips, live music and more. This event is open to all ages. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] The November edition of the Downtown Art Walk is tonight. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Head down to The Bazaar at the SLS Hotel for Spain’s Great Match. Now in its 25th year the event will feature over 200 Spanish wines to sample with tapas pairing and more from the Bazaar.
5. [5:30 p.m.] The Los Angeles Arboretum and Botanic Garden presents Moonlight Forest, where crafted lanterns line the garden grounds, some depicting animals, shimmering exotic flowers, and figures from Chinese legends. Happening Wednesdays through Sunday till November.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Wicked Lit takes you through two short plays unfolding inside the Mountain View Mausoleum. The shows are extremely intimate and like the title of the show, the story line is on the darker side. Happening Wednesday through Saturday. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [9 p.m.] It’s Cosmic Karaoke night at Scum and Villainy Cantina. Singing starts at 9 p.m.
8. [various] Free museum days: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m,)
9. [various] The annual AFI FEST (Nov. 8-15) returns to Hollywood for 2018 with an eight-day run featuring tons of film screenings, world premieres, and panels.
10. [various] L.A.’s pop-up museum catalogue is growing larger this fall with The Pizza Experience – a multi-sensory pizza themed walkthrough. Explore giant installations, an oversized cheese pool, a pizza hall of fame, pizza theme-flavored snacks throughout, actual pizza slices and more. The Pizza Experience runs through January 29. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $11 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.