You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, December 1, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Starting this Sunday Smorgasburg LA will launch their annual Holiday Market with each week a different theme. Kicking off the series is Black Sunday a holiday shopping event that includes 25% off specials at all food vendors from 10-11 a.m. when using Apple Pay.
2. [10 a.m.] Get your holiday shopping done early during Unique L.A. Holiday Market November 30 – December 1. The event will feature over 100 independent creators showcasing their goods for sale. Ticket holders get free drinks, access to the photo booth, free gift wrapping and much more.
3. [10 a.m.] Metro Art Los Angeles hosts a free Art Tour of the Downtown Rail Stations on Sunday morning starting at 10 a.m. at Union Station. No tickets or reservations are required. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] Cyber Spirits presented by ULO is an eight-part installation and immersive theater experience that explores the presence of spirits in our digital devices. Part satire, and part social commentary, the colorful and quirky displays strive to make you both and laugh and contemplate. The experience lasts for about 15 minutes and includes plenty of dreamy optical sequences. Happening at ROW DTLA until December. Tickets available here.
5. [11 a.m.] Spend your Small Business Saturday weekend at Grand Central Market in DTLA with Jackalope Arts. Shoppers can explore indie goods including original fashion and jewelry design, paper goods, innovative home decor and housewares, art, photography, food, plus much more. Happening Saturday and Sunday.
6. [11 a.m.] Wallis Annenberg PetSpace will host a 90-minute workshop for your dog to learn how to be at their best during the holidays. Skills they will learn include: take a bow to say thank you, leave it, no jumping and more. There will also be a discussion on safe foods to share with your pets on Thanksgiving and holiday themed snacks will be served to guests.
7. [1 p.m.] 40th Annual Spirit of San Pedro Holiday Parade will hosts a wide array of dancers, floats, and more all celebrating the special time of year. FREE
8. [2 p.m.] Dive into the holiday season with a Queen Mary Christmas! Kicking off this Friday, Activities include a 26 feet tall Christmas tree, variety of holiday activities, an outdoor skating rink, live entertainment and much more. The special event will see Christmas spirit lining the famous Long Beach vessel until January 1, 2020.
9. [5 p.m.] Celebrate the Holiday Season with 2019’s Hollywood Christmas Parade, featuring musical performances, life-size balloons, marching band shows and much more.
10. [various] “Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” starts on Thanksgiving Day at Universal Studios once again serving a heavy dose of Hogwarts-themed holiday magic.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $10 tix to Yuletide Cinemaland screenings at Heritage Square (via Goldstar)