You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, December 2, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Skyspace is holding a toy drive from December 2-20. Partnered with the YMCA the annual drive asks guests to bring an unopened, unwrapped toy valued at $5 or more to the Skyspace box office and receive a free Skyslide ride in return.
2. [noon] The Scenario Studio is offering a free pop-up photo experience on Rodeo Drive daily through December 22. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] Nathan Johnson (composer) and Rian Johnson (writer/director) will appear at Amoeba Hollywood to meet fans and sign advance artwork for the “Knives Out Original Soundtrack”.
4. [5 p.m.] The annual LA Kings Holiday Ice happening at L.A. LIVE’s Microsoft Square is a daily outdoors holiday skating rink. Open November 30, 2019 through January 12, 2020.
5. [5 p.m.] L.A. County Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at Music Center Plaza is a beloved annual holiday tradition featuring performances and free hot chocolate for all. This year the public will enjoy the sounds of chamber music ensemble Brass Pacifica and chorale performances. FREE
6. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 15, 2019 through January 5, 2020 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7 p.m.] Occidental College will host L.A. House & Home: New Paths in Housing Policy & Residential Architecture a discussion with policymakers and leading architects on the topic of L.A.’s homelessness, housing affordability and single-family zoning. FREE
8. [7:30 p.m.] The Contenders film series returns to The Hammer Museum with 10 screenings curated by The Museum of Modern Art. The films selected are new films believed to stand the test of time in influence. This Monday they’ll screen Dolemite Is My Name (Monday) with a Q& A with Eddie Murphy and Wesley Snipes.
9. [9 p.m.] The Sofitel Los Angeles hosts a Jazz Eclectic night every Monday at Riviera 31 with Ryan Cross and his band starting at 9 p.m.
10. [various] “Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” starts on Thanksgiving Day at Universal Studios once again serving a heavy dose of Hogwarts-themed holiday magic.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $10 tix to Yuletide Cinemaland screenings at Heritage Square (via Goldstar)