You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, December 14, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] There’s a Junk Food clothing sample sale happening Dec. 13-15 in Culver City with loads of fun t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants and more on sale.
2. [9 a.m.] California Market Center’s Holiday Showroom Sample Sale is happening this Friday. Showrooms will open to the public for one day and offer clearance and sample items at a big discount.
3. [2 p.m.] The folks behind the Museum of Failure presents The Disgusting Food Museum (Dec. 9, 2018 through Feb. 17, 2019.) Some of the ‘delicacies’ include maggot infested cheese, bull testicles, and sheep eyeballs. If you’re brave enough, visitors will also get to smell and taste some of the creations at the end of the exhibit over at a tasting bar. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [3 p.m.] Step into a world of limitless creativity and unlock new realms of photography inside Canon PORTALS, coming to Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica (Nov. 29 – Dec 16). The ongoing series of events features photo-walks, workshops, and on-site camera experts. FREE
5. [4:30 p.m.] Step into a retro-inspired winter wonderland during Miracle at The Everly: Ever Bar happening at The Kimpton Everly Hotel. The Christmas-themed bar open now through December 31 features a candy cane “selfie station,” a 15-foot inflatable Santa Claus, and a dedicated Hanukkah Hut.
6. [sundown] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a month-long nighttime light attraction featuring 19 large scale interactive light installations by local artists. Open to the public from December 1 – 25, 2018. FREE
7. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 16, 2018 through January 6, 2019 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. This seasonal event runs daily. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [6 p.m.] Holiday Concerts in the Pasadena Playhouse District, takes place on Friday nights from November 30 through December 21. This week Kira & the Major 3 will perform in Pasadena Playhouse Courtyard. FREE
9. [6:30 p.m.] L.A. reggae band The Lions will perform at the third Cocoa Concert at Union Station this Friday. This free, family-friendly holiday concert will be set in a winter wonderland that includes a holiday light display, a cocoa bar with Elftenders, complementary cotton candy, Santa selfies, gingerbread house making, and more. FREE
10. [8 p.m.] Amoeba Hollywood’s guest DJ series Rotations continues tonight with a set by Alison Swing. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar