You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, December 15, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Tikim Filipino Food Fun Run is a 5K with different Filipino tasting station at each mile and a grand food festival at the end of the run.
2. [10 a.m.] Unique Markets brings their holiday shopping experience to the Santa Monica Pier on December 15-16. Explore over 200 independent businesses, snag a free tote bag, participate in DIY workshops and plenty more during this weekend long gathering.
3. [11 a.m.] Bergamot Station will host their Holiday Open House featuring work, creations and products designed by the creative community and businesses in the complex. Live entertainment and festive food will also be available. Admission is free and open to the public. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] Visit Dockweiler Youth Center for Beach Winter Wonderland, fun for the entire family this free event features bounce houses, winter activities, rides, and authentic snow at the beach. FREE
5. [noon] Step into a world of limitless creativity and unlock new realms of photography inside Canon PORTALS, coming to Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica (Nov. 29 – Dec 16). The ongoing series of events features photo-walks, workshops, and on-site camera experts. FREE
6. [2 p.m.] Once every month Griffith Observatory hosts a free public star party allowing the public to view through telescopes to see the stars and beyond as well as discuss with knowledgeable amateur astronomers about our solar system. FREE
7. [2 p.m.] Head down to Walt Disney Concert Hall for Festival of Carols featuring a wide variety of classic holiday songs sung by the Los Angeles Master Chorale. Songs include both traditional and surprisingly contemporary arrangements for all to enjoy.
8. [5 p.m.] The 35th Annual Parade of 1000 Lights Christmas Boat Parade returns to Shoreline Village in Long Beach this Saturday. FREE
9. [7:30 p.m.] Cinespia will host a screening of The Nightmare Before Christmas this Satruday at The Palace Theatre. It’s the 25th anniversary of the movie and guests are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite character or in festive holiday garb.
10. [8 p.m.] Ugly Sweater Christmas Party at Magnolia House will feature holiday drink specials, a photo booth, DJ sets, dancing and more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $18 tix to the LA Art Show 2019
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar