You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, December 15, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Artisanal LA x Bunker Hill Holiday Pop-Up returns to the Bank of America Plaza in DTLA from 10 a.m to 4 p.m. with 20+ makers of handcrafted goods and treats plus a live DJ and a festive photo booth. Admission is free to the public.
2. [3 p.m.] For one day only, Jon and Vinny’s will host a secret backyard party to welcome Milk Bar to L.A. Guests can get their hands on Milk Bars epic cookies, cake truffles, crack pie™ and more from 3-9 p.m. or until the treats run out. It’s a party so expect crafts, games, Milk Bar souvenirs and other surprises. The first 50 guests will receive a Milk Bar tote bag.
3. [4:30 p.m.] CHILL Adventure Park returns to the Queen Mary in Long Beach from December 13 through January 7. Come experience ice bumper cars, ice skating, an Alpine Zip Line and more chill themed activities. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [5 p.m.] A Taste of the Holidays Christmas Market taking place at Crafted at The Port of Los Angeles December 15-17 is a festive european-style shopping event with live music, dancing, DIY holiday crafts, a Christmas tree lot, Brouwerij West’s Holiday Brew and photos with Santa.
5. [5:30 p.m.] The Battleship IOWA will host a Holiday Movie Screening of Frozen on the fantail of their historic ship. Seating is first come first served. FREE
6. [7 & 9 p.m.] The Sorting Room winter session is in full swing with eclectic performances spread over two weeks (through December 21). Each show includes special happy hour drink deals beforehand, with featured talent ranging from poets to composers, jazz singers, Tony Award winners and cabaret singers. This weekend features Clint Holmes on Friday and Love Actually Live on Saturday.
7. [7:30 p.m.] National Geographic Live returns to the Broad Stage in Santa Monica with Cristina Mittermeier, marine biologist/photographer on December 14-15. Check for discount tickets while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] The Nihilist Film Festival at Echo Park Film Center.
9. [8 p.m.] Saber Battle L.A. is a massive showdown at Pershing Square in DTLA. Hundreds of participants will come out to ‘battle’ one another using toy lightsabers. The event itself is free to attend but lightsabers are available to purchase online for delivery or to pickup on site. Be sure to check for discounts on lightsaber packages while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [8 p.m.] Rockwell: Table & Stage present the unauthorized musical parody of Home Alone. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $18 tix for the 2018 LA Art Show (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.