Wouldn’t it be great if someone put together a rundown of all the best free and cheap things to do this weekend in Los Angeles? Well here it is.
This weekend’s budget to-do list includes Saber Battle L.A., the Bergamot Station Holiday Open House, a Holiday Train Fest at Union Station, an Odd Market on the Santa Monica Pier, and much more!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$5] Do a little holiday shopping along the L.A. River during the Frogtown Flea Market. The two-day event (Saturday and Sunday) will feature food, drinks, music, art, plants, apothecary, zines, vintage finds, crafts, and more. A $5 donation is suggested. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
2. [FREE] Saber Battle L.A. is a massive showdown at Pershing Square in DTLA. Hundreds of participants will come out to ‘battle’ one another using toy lightsabers. The event itself is free to attend but lightsabers are available to purchase online for delivery or to pickup on site. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] The Battleship IOWA will host a Holiday Movie Screening of Frozen on the fantail of their historic ship. Seating is first come first served. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] The USC Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena is reopening to the public this Friday. To celebrate the museum will offer free admission from December 8-17. Among the exhibitions on view will be Winds from Fusang: Mexico and China in the Twentieth Century, which showcases the connection between the creative communities of Mexico and China in the last century, and is presented as part of Pacific Standard Time: LA/LA. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
5. [FREE] Bergamot Station will host their Holiday Open House featuring work, creations and products designed by the creative community and businesses in the complex. Admission is free and open to the public. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Holiday TrainFest and Toy Drive at the Los Angeles Union Station in Downtown L.A. is a free and family-friendly event featuring vintage rail cars decked out in festive attire, live music, refreshments and a toy drive for Toys for Tots. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Visit Dockweiler Youth Center for Beach Winter Wonderland, fun for the entire family this free event features bounce houses, winter activities, rides, and authentic snow at the beach. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] Swap Out, A Free Stuff Recycling Event at Fais Do Do. Give stuff and get stuff for free! SATURDAY
9. [FREE] Odd Market at the Santa Monica Pier. SATURDAY
10. [FREE] Opening Reception: ‘No Shitty Ads’ Skatezine Retrospective at Commonwealth in DTLA. SATURDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- CHILL Adventure Park is back at the Queen Mary in Long Beach. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Holiday Sing-Along at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. SATURDAY
- Porto’s Potato Ball Pop-Up happening at Annenberg Space for Photography . SATURDAY
- Holiday Skate & Sweets by the JW Marriott. SATURDAY
- Christmas Concert at The Bradbury. SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.