You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, December 16, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Holiday Skate & Sweets by the JW Marriott will include early access to the L.A. LIVE ice skating rink followed by hot chocolate and holiday sweets in The Mixing Room and a special visit from Santa Claus, making an appearances in the hotel’s life-size Gingerbread House.
2. [11 a.m.] There’s a Porto’s Potato Ball Pop-Up happening at Annenberg Space for Photography in conjunction with Cuba Is, the Annenberg’s current photography exhibit. The balls will be sold in packs of six this Saturday and the current exhibit is free and open to the public.
3. [11 a.m.] A Taste of the Holidays Christmas Market taking place at Crafted at The Port of Los Angeles December 15-17 is a festive European-style shopping event with live music, dancing, DIY holiday crafts, a Christmas tree lot, Brouwerij West’s Holiday Brew and photos with Santa.
4. [11 a.m.] Visit Dockweiler Youth Center for Beach Winter Wonderland, fun for the entire family this free event features bounce houses, winter activities, rides, and authentic snow at the beach. FREE
5. [noon] Bergamot Station will host their Holiday Open House featuring work, creations and products designed by the creative community and businesses in the complex. Admission is free and open to the public. FREE
6. [11:30 a.m. & 2:30 p.m.] Get into the holiday season with a Holiday Sing-Along at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. There will be hot cocoa, coffee and pictures with Santa for an extra dose of cheer.
7. [1 p.m.] Feastown at Eastown, a new, bi-monthly popup night marketplace featuring food vendors and live music, debuted in Hollywood October and now returns for two Saturdays in December with a holiday theme.
8. [4 p.m.] Holiday TrainFest and Toy Drive at the Los Angeles Union Station in Downtown L.A. is a free and family-friendly event featuring vintage rail cars decked out in festive attire, live music, refreshments and a toy drive for Toys for Tots. FREE
9. [4:30 p.m.] CHILL Adventure Park returns to the Queen Mary in Long Beach from December 13 through January 7. Come experience ice bumper cars, ice skating, an Alpine Zip Line and more chill themed activities. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [8 p.m.] Saban Theatre will be transformed into a full on holiday party featuring carolers, DJ’s, a Christmas card photo photo booth, food trucks, holiday cocktails and a Drunk Santa followed by a screening of the Will Ferrell Christmas classic Elf. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $18 tix for the 2018 LA Art Show (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.