You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, December 17, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Sunday is the final Smorgasburg of the year before they go on a hiatus till January 14, 2018. It’s also the last day of their Holiday Market, so you’ll be able to shop and eat all in one place. PLUS: Enjoy a special Milk Bar pop-up.
2. [11 a.m.] A Taste of the Holidays Christmas Market taking place at Crafted at The Port of Los Angeles December 15-17 is a festive European-style shopping event with live music, dancing, DIY holiday crafts, a Christmas tree lot, Brouwerij West’s Holiday Brew and photos with Santa.
3. [1 p.m.] Do a little holiday shopping along the L.A. River during the Frogtown Holiday Market. The two-day event (Saturday and Sunday) will feature food, drinks, music, art, plants, apothecary, zines, vintage finds, crafts, and more. A $5 donation is suggested.
4. [2, 4 & 6 p.m.] The popular Christmas Concert at The Bradbury will feature a 30-voice choir singing all the holiday favorites in one of the most beautiful interiors of all of Los Angeles.
5. [4 p.m.] Long Beach seafood concept Roe will host a week long culinary Feast of the Seven (Sustainable) Fishes from December 17-24. Prepared by Chef Arthur Gonzalez, the event will focus on one sustainably sourced seafood dish per night, served alongside a dish “Catch Card” detailing the fish species, catch location or fish origin, and the names of both the fisherman and the boat.
6. [4:30 p.m.] CHILL Adventure Park returns to the Queen Mary in Long Beach from December 13 through January 7. Come experience ice bumper cars, ice skating, an Alpine Zip Line and more chill themed activities. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [6 p.m.] A Home Alone screening + pajama party at the Los Angeles Theatre presented by Cinespia.
9. [8:30 p.m.] Power Violence at The Satellite.
10. [9:30 p.m.] Catch a screening of The Room with Tommy Wiseau in person at the Landmark Regent Theater.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $18 tix for the 2018 LA Art Show (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.