You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, December 2, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Grand Central Market in DTLA turns into a holiday marketplace on December 1-2. featuring local artisans and purveyors. In addition to shopping, ticketed workshops, live music and holiday inspired offerings from food hall vendors. Admission is free.
2. [11 a.m.] The Devan Shah Tea Festival comes to Pasadena Rose Bowl December 1 and 2 for one of the nation’s largest tea festivals uniting tea enthusiasts and experts for two days of tea talk and tasting.
3. [11 a.m.] Celebrate Hanukkah at Skirball Cultural Center this Sunday. The event will feature a variety of Hanukkah lamps on display, storytelling, dancing, musical performances, workshops and plenty more activities and offerings honoring the holiday. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [1 p.m.] 39th Annual Spirit of San Pedro Holiday Parade will hosts a wide array of dancers, floats, and more all celebrating the special time of year. Floats like Timmy the Duck will line the streets of San Pedro, starting on 13th St. & Pacific Ave. and traveling up to 6th St., where it will take a right and end on Palos Verdes. St. FREE
5. [noon] Step into a world of limitless creativity and unlock new realms of photography inside Canon PORTALS, coming to Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica (Nov. 29 – Dec 16). The ongoing series of events features photo-walks, workshops, and on-site camera experts. FREE
6. [2 & 5 p.m.] Enjoy a special performance of The Nutcracker (Dec. 1 – 24.) by the American Contemporary Ballet high above the city. After the show, guests are invited by The Fairy for a celebration with live music, champagne, and more.
7. [2:30 p.m.] The Original Farmers Market Annual Hanukkah Celebration takes place this Sunday from 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. featuring live music by Charlie Kramer, story time with PJ Library, entertainment, arts and crafts, the building of a giant LEGO menorah and a lighting ceremony.
8. [4 p.m.] Travel back in time to 1918 during the Heritage Square Lamplight Holiday Celebration (Dec. 1-2). The event, which tells a narrative story throughout its runtime, features a walk through of Heritage Square Museum and various Victorian Homes. Attendees will also be invited to enjoy a cheese and wine reception along with deserts and caroling.
9. [sundown] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a month-long nighttime light attraction featuring 19 large scale interactive light installations by local artists. Open to the public from December 1 – 25, 2018. FREE
10. [7 p.m.] Head to The Walt Disney Concert Hall for an English Cathedral Christmas. The holiday show will have the L.A. Master Chorale performing both classic and modern tunes.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar