You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, December 28, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] From Wednesday through Sunday Kidspace Children’s Museum in Pasadena will host Snow Days with real snow, live entertainment, interactive story time, cookie decorating, crafts and a dance party.
2. [11 a.m.] The Pasadena Tournament of Roses will launch SIP & SAVOR a special food festival highlighting Southern California eateries and culinary brands. There will be live entertainment and up-close viewings of Rose Parade float decorating. The event takes over the Rosemont Pavilion/Jackie Robinson Memorial Field near the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena from December 28-30.
3. [11 a.m.] The Paley Center for Media celebrates the holidays with family-friendly experience PaleyLand. Guests can enjoy daily screenings of classic holiday TV programs, a Candy Cane Forest , arts and crafts, dreidel games, and free hot cocoa. No reservations are required. Open Wednesdays through Sundays till January 6, 2019. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] 260LA will host a JOIE, Equipment and Current/Elliott sample sale from December 26 through 30. Shop discounts on women’s fashion samples including apparel and accessories below retail.
5. [2 p.m.] Get fully immersed in the holiday spirit during Winter Fest happening at the OC Fairgrounds from December 20, 2018 through January 6, 2019. A festival of lights, outdoor ice skating, ice tubing, snowfall, a candy wonderland and Santa Claus are just a few of the magical things happening. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [6 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes. Free to the public, the 13-minute show runs nightly 6 to 10 p.m. from November 23 through January 1, 2018. FREE
7. [6 p.m.] 4th Fridays on 4th Street activates the “Retro Road” business district in Long Beach on the fourth Friday of every month from 6 to 9 p.m. through extended hours, dining specials, discounted merchandise, pop up shops, art shows, live music, double decker bus rides and more.
8. [various] There’s a Gilmore Girls experience coming to Warner Brothers Studios. From December 22 through January 6 fans can dine at Lorelai’s and then walk through sets like Lorelai and Rory’s home, the gazebo and town square all from the show.
9. [various] What could be more magical than Christmas in Hogsmeade? Guests to Universal Studios Hollywood will experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in full “winter” splendor, complete with nightly snowfall and a spectacular light show projected against Hogwarts Castle. Additionally, guests can check out Grinchmas, complete with a 60-foot tree, characters, and live performances. The park is open during Christmas Eve. and Christmas.
10. [all day] Humphry Slocombe celebrates its 10th Birthday with free scoops all day long. In the spirit of giving there is a suggested donation that will go to Homeboy Industries which provides community, free services, and job training to former gang-involved and incarcerated men and women.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar