You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, December 29, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] From Wednesday through Sunday Kidspace Children’s Museum in Pasadena will host Snow Days with real snow, live entertainment, interactive story time, cookie decorating, crafts and a dance party.
2. [11 a.m.] The Pasadena Tournament of Roses will launch SIP & SAVOR a special food festival highlighting Southern California eateries and culinary brands. There will be live entertainment and up-close viewings of Rose Parade float decorating. The event takes over the Rosemont Pavilion/Jackie Robinson Memorial Field near the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena from December 28-30.
3. [11 a.m.] The Paley Center for Media celebrates the holidays with family-friendly experience PaleyLand. Guests can enjoy daily screenings of classic holiday TV programs, a Candy Cane Forest , arts and crafts, dreidel games, and free hot cocoa. No reservations are required. Open Wednesdays through Sundays till January 6, 2019. FREE
4. [2 p.m.] See the 1984 classic Gremlins in 35mm at the New Beverly Cinema Saturday and Sunday. The matinee will include a child sized popcorn. All ages are welcome.
5. [4 p.m.] Marina Lights Movie Night will screen a Frozen sing-along edition for free at Burton Chace Park. Before the show, Voices of Christmas will be caroling from 4 to 6 p.m. The screening will take place at 6 p.m.
6. [4 p.m.] There’s a Smash Bros Tournament at the Downtown Independent.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Don’t Tell Comedy pops up in Los Feliz this Saturday for a comedy show with secret performers in a secret location. Location will be emailed to ticket holders and it’s BYOB.
8. [8 p.m.] There’s a 60s Pop Dance Party with a Lee Hazlewood tribute happening at Zebulon. Expect vinyl 60s pop songs spun all night long. Admission is free.
9. [9 p.m.] An Evening With Puddles Pity Party at The Fonda.
10. [various] There’s a Gilmore Girls experience coming to Warner Brothers Studios. From December 22 through January 6 fans can dine at Lorelai’s and then walk through sets like Lorelai and Rory’s home, the gazebo and town square all from the show.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar