You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, December 9, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Echo Park Craft Fair returns to Mack Sennett Studios in Silver Lake on December 7-9 with over 120 curated artist, makers and food vendors. Friday is preview night!
2. [11 a.m.] Join Refinery29 in an immersive installation during 29rooms at The Reef (December 5-9). The event will feature 29 different interactive spaces created by artists both local and international. Experience include anonymous palm reading, sound bath, a blindfolded multi-sensory ASMR tunnel, live dance performances, and more.
3. [11 a.m.] Abbot Kinney Holiday Block Party will bring out hundreds of families for a day of holiday fun that includes sledding, shopping food trucks, live entertainment, a street hockey rink and a Wintery Playground. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] The Renegade Craft Fair returns to Los Angeles State Historic Park in Chinatown December 8-9 for a diverse showcase of some of indie craft and design artisans and makers plus DIY workshops, local food vendors, seasonal cocktails, DJ sets and more.
5. [noon] Step into a world of limitless creativity and unlock new realms of photography inside Canon PORTALS, coming to Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica (Nov. 29 – Dec 16). The ongoing series of events features photo-walks, workshops, and on-site camera experts. FREE
6. [1 p.m.] CAAM Maker Fest welcomes all ages for a day of creating led by local artists. Workshops include paper garlands and festive ornaments, figurative collaging and decoupage keepsake boxes. FREE
7. [3 p.m.] NextDayBetter is a Filipino focused culinary event bringing together tastemakers and game changers for food, libations and a fireside chat with Filipino chefs Alvin Cailan, Chase Valencia, Barb Batiste, Adrienne Borlongan and Johneric Concordia. The conversation will be moderated by Samantha Duenas a.k.a. SOSUPERSAM.
8. [3:30 p.m.] The 37th Annual Venice Canals Holiday Boat Parade will take place this Sunday starting at the corner of Eastern and Sherman Canal at 3:30 p.m. FREE
9. [sundown] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a month-long nighttime light attraction featuring 19 large scale interactive light installations by local artists. Open to the public from December 1 – 25, 2018. FREE
10. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted: Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 18 through January 6, 2019 daily. This seasonal event runs daily. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar