You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, December 8, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Echo Park Craft Fair returns to Mack Sennett Studios in Silver Lake on December 7-9 with over 120 curated artist, makers and food vendors. Friday is preview night!
2. [11 a.m.] This Saturday there’s a Holiday Craft Party happening at Crafted at the Port of Los Angeles. Workshops will range from $1 to $10 each. Guests will also enjoy shopping from vendors, artisanal snacks and beer from Brouwerij West. Admission into the party is free.
3. [11 a.m.] Join Refinery29 in an immersive installation during 29rooms at The Reef (December 5-9). The event will feature 29 different interactive spaces created by artists both local and international. Experience include anonymous palm reading, sound bath, a blindfolded multi-sensory ASMR tunnel, live dance performances, and more.
4. [11 a.m.] Echo Park Community Parade will include dancers, clubs, vehicles and more parading down Sunset Blvd. between Vin Scully Ave. to Park Ave. the day will also include live music on the main stage. FREE
5. [noon] Step into a world of limitless creativity and unlock new realms of photography inside Canon PORTALS, coming to Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica (Nov. 29 – Dec 16). The ongoing series of events features photo-walks, workshops, and on-site camera experts. FREE
6. [2 p.m.] The Walt Disney Concert Hall presents Festival of Carols, a celebration of beloved holiday songs sung by the talented Los Angeles Master Chorale. Songs will include both traditional and contemporary arrangements.
7. [4 p.m.] Westwood Village will host a festive family day featuring a free outdoor screening of the holiday classic Elf. The movie starts at sundown and other festivities include a visit from Santa Claus, holiday themed photo-booth, live music, kids crafts, and hot cocoa. FREE
8. [4 p.m.] Griffith Park Festival of Lights Hike 2018 takes you through Griffith Park with a collection of others holding holiday lights to create a glistening display of night wanderers! The event will see participants starting at the Merry Go Round Lot 2 and finishing at Dante’s Peak, with a brief stop at The Helipad at Griffith Park.
9. [sundown] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a month-long nighttime light attraction featuring 19 large scale interactive light installations by local artists. Open to the public from December 1 – 25, 2018. FREE
10. [various] Head down to Marina Del Rey for two holiday celebrations this Saturday. Snow Wonder will feature real snow for sledding, a fireworks show and fun activities that include face painting, arts and crafts. The Marina Del Rey Boat Parade will feature a plethora of vessels decorated with lights and decorations and guests will be able to enjoy food trucks and a live DJ throughout the evening. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar