You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, February 13, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Annenberg Space For Photography is sharing four decades of Vanity Fair’s celebrity portraits from their annual Hollywood issues as well as captures from past Oscar night parties in their latest exhibit Vanity Fair: Hollywood Calling. FREE
2. [4 p.m.] Metro Art presents the soulful sounds of Thee Sinseers in a special rush-hour concert this Thursday, from 4-6 p.m. in the Waiting Room of Union Station. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] The Normandie Club turns five this year! Stop by 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. and enjoy a new seasonal cocktail menu, burgers by Yellow Paper Burger on the patio starting at 7 p.m., and a DJ dance party in the back room starting at 9 p.m.
4. [6 p.m.] Art Los Angeles Contemporary 2020 edition will be held at The Hollywood Athletic Club Feb 13-16 with over 50 exhibitors from eleven countries participating. Thursday’s opening night reception runs from 6 to 9 p.m.
5. [6 p.m.] The Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts, art galleries and locals together every second Thursday of each month for a night of exploration. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Severance Wine Bar wants to celebrate your single status during their BREAKUP BAR POPUP. Taking place next door to the bar, the two week long party will transport guest into an anti-Valentine’s Day world with break up appropriate movie screenings, a Wall of Broken Relationships, loads of champagne, cocktails and food. Running Tuesday through Saturday January 31 till February 16.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer will host a forum on The How and Why of Political Advertising. Learn how campaign spending works and why political ads are effective. Experts will help break down the politics and law behind this topic. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] How To Break Up By Text is a show where comedians perform and analyze real break up texts submitted by the audience. Happening at The 11:11 in West Hollywood.
9. [8 p.m.] Everyone’s favorite collision of Mexican masked wrestling, burlesque and comedy returns for Valentine’s Day week with a two-night spectacle. Lucha VaVOOM’s Pin Ups & Pin Downs takes over The Mayan Theater Feb. 12-13.
10. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 11-23. Now in its 28th year, the festival is the largest black film festival in America.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $21 tix to Wine Tasting an Chamber Music at the Walt Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!