You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, February 12, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8:30 a.m.] SCIENCE DAYS in the Santa Monica Mountains is a free educational event (Feb 12-13) held at King Gillette Ranch. On Wednesday morning a series of talks will take place followed by a field trip to Solstice Canyon led by National Park Service biologists and rangers. Coffee and bagels will be available to all guests. In the evening a night of science and socializing with light appetizers and beverages will be held for the public to mingling with park scientists and rangers. There will also be an opening talk with Rick Halsey of the California Chaparral Institute followed by a keynote presentation from Dr. Seth Riley of the National Park Service. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] The Annenberg Space For Photography is sharing four decades of Vanity Fair’s celebrity portraits from their annual Hollywood issues as well as captures from past Oscar night parties in their latest exhibit Vanity Fair: Hollywood Calling. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Severance Wine Bar wants to celebrate your single status during their BREAKUP BAR POPUP. Taking place next door to the bar, the two week long party will transport guest into an anti-Valentine’s Day world with break up appropriate movie screenings, a Wall of Broken Relationships, loads of champagne, cocktails and food. Running Tuesday through Saturday January 31 till February 16.
4. [7 p.m.]Head to Hamburger Mary’s for Legendary Bingo, the best gay bingo night in town. There will be celebrity guests, fabulous prize packages and more all benefiting local and national charities.
5. [7 p.m.] The Refillery L.A. will host a discussion/workshop on zero waste at Grand Central Market. Topics will include defining what “zero waste” means, if it’s really attainable and how you can take steps to live a more sustainable lifestyle. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] HiKing-with-Friends is hosting a pre-Valentine’s Day night hike to the Wisdom Tree. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Super Dating Simulator brings a robot-themed musical comedy experience to Alamo Drafthouse in DTLA.
8. [8:15 p.m.] Everyone’s favorite collision of Mexican masked wrestling, burlesque and comedy returns for Valentine’s Day week with a two-night spectacle. Lucha VaVOOM’s Pin Ups & Pin Downs takes over The Mayan Theater Feb. 12-13.
9. [8:30 p.m.] The Satellite presents A Night For Our Un-Housed Neighbors a comedy show benefiting SELAH with Reggie Watts, Giulia Rozzi, Joel Kim Booster, Naomi Ekperigin, Adam Conover and Brooke Van Poppelen.
10. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 11-23. Now in its 28th year, the festival is the largest black film festival in America.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $21 tix to Wine Tasting an Chamber Music at the Walt Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!